Help me choose my first Lenormand Deck!

MissChiff

The Piatnik Lenormand was my first and I did well with it.

Miss Divine

Get something simple that is not distracting to the eye and I'd highly recommend not to get any with written verses. E.g. Blue Owl/Piatnik.

I saw a picture of "Fox" for "Dreaming Way" and I do not think it depicts it so well for the "real meaning" behind it. That is just me. A woman with a fox fur around her neck and shoulders. You would have to pay me $1000,000 to use that deck with just that card alone in it! :bugeyed:

What would you think it meant just looking at it?

A woman that likes fashion? Materialistic? Cruelty to animals? Fake? A classy fox like woman.

The WOMAN should not be in it is how I see it as she diminishes the meaning of FOX like: Cunning, deception, police officer, nasal etc etc etc.

I think cards with just the MAIN IMAGE are better to work with than cards that have A LOT going on in them.

I would say the same of other Lenormand decks if they had pictures like that, so it is not just about the "Dreaming Way".

DND :)

I so agree with you! For this reason I only use my simple (plain and boring to many) Lenormands such as the Piatnik, Isis, Carta Mundi, Dondorf, Blue Owl, and several others like that.

All of my others are in a drawer and haven't seen the day of light for several years now...

DownUnderNZer

I suppose the same here although I do like Ciro M's Gilded Reverie Deck. Just do not use it, but will try and make the effort next weekend or even during the week if I can.

"Blue Owl" is the my constant companion and very loyal faithful old friend. That will NEVER go on a dartboard ever.....

I tried the "Mystical" one once and what I thought was RING was actually BOOK or the other way around. A truly beautiful deck, but it was hard making out MAIN things with some of the cards.

Might do a TRIO try out or QUAD one to see how it goes reading them all at the same time and doing an assessment of each from EASY to DIFFICULT to read.

Will see......

DND :)

I so agree with you! For this reason I only use my simple (plain and boring to many) Lenormands such as the Piatnik, Isis, Carta Mundi, Dondorf, Blue Owl, and several others like that.

All of my others are in a drawer and haven't seen the day of light for several years now...

Village Witch

Ciro M's Gilded Reverie was my first Lenormand deck. I no longer use it, but it was a good learner deck. I'm a sucker for beautiful vibrant pictures.

I personally recommend the Piatnik as a starter deck.

As to Kipper, I am in love with the Mystical Kipper. I did not, however, care for the Mystical Lenormand. I found it a new home.

lantana

While the advice of "get a deck with clear images" can be good advice, I'm going to go against the grain and say that if you "learn" a deck and can tell which is what at a glance it doesn't matter very much. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who has only one deck, the Seeker's Lenormand (which seems to not be popular here), and who only plans to have maybe 3-4 decks at most. If you are going to have lots of decks or don't see yourself become dedicated to this one, I would say that a "clearer" deck might be a good idea.

However, I will recommend the Scrying Ink Lenormand, as I think it has a similar style to the Dreaming Way while being a bit more obvious in which card is what. (Get the pocket version, the regular version is almost Tarot size!)

Genna

My first was Mystical Lenormand. Love it. Very charming, fun, pretty, original cards IMHO. An animal on every card, like in Mystical Kipper. I never was bothered by the deck being "busy", even if some might think so.Good book, but you have to buy it alone, it doesn´t come with the deck, but a LWB does.The book has a chapter that mentions every possible two-card combo and two examples of inerpretation for each. Some are very good. No playing cards mentioned though, so some don´t call it a Lenormand at all.Still my favourite Lenormand when I really think about it, even if I love Celic very much right now. (Those two have my two little knitted pouches wih cat charm.)

It is easy to read with Gilded Reverie Lenormand, and it is beautiful.

BeyondtheVeil

Thanks everyone!

Thanks Everyone for taking time out to help me! :heart:

Unfortunately, I am even more confused. lol That isn't hard to do as I just feel lost with trying to figure out what deck is best. lol

I need a 'fun" deck that is colorful and bright or I will definitely lose interest. That makes me wonder if I should just stick with Tarot and Oracles.

I found this deck also, but not sure if it would be a good deck. It meets my bright/fun deck.. but not sure how it is for reading Lenormand.

Anyone have the Celtic Lenormand?
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/celtic-lenormand/

I am also thinking of the Blue Owl one. I may buy both. lol

Any comments on the Celtic Lenormand?

Thanks!
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

lantana

While the advice of "get a deck with clear images" can be good advice, I'm going to go against the grain and say that if you "learn" a deck and can tell which is what at a glance it doesn't matter very much. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who has only one deck, the Seeker's Lenormand (which seems to not be popular here), and who only plans to have maybe 3-4 decks at most. If you are going to have lots of decks or don't see yourself become dedicated to this one, I would say that a "clearer" deck might be a good idea.

However, I will recommend the Scrying Ink Lenormand, as I think it has a similar style to the Dreaming Way while being a bit more obvious in which card is what. (Get the pocket version, the regular version is almost Tarot size!)

Hi lantana!

That is what I was thinking, but since I haven't even seen a Lenormand Deck in person before I wasn't sure.

Thanks for the suggestion on the smaller size! I like smaller size cards as they are also much easier to hold and shuffle.

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil