balance

cartarum

there comes a point in things when sometimes it is neccessary to do evil so that good will come. when you know that doing good will bring evil, do you do good? either way, your damned if you do, damned if you dont.
what does this have to do with the caballa? depends. if there are two fenced roads closed off to me, then the only way out is the way you came. but what has been done cannot be undone.
"if you know, penance cant absolve your sins"

jmd

It is never, in my personal opinion, necessary to do evil in order for good to come.

Each situation needs to be individually ascertained and sensed into, and the right action taken.

To make a claim that 'good' can be achieved via evil is to assume much regarding the nature of good and evil.

In Kabbalistic considerations, utilising either of the two 'side' pillars is not evil, but rather appropriate for individual situations.

cartarum

thanks

you always have a valid point, jmd. thanks. what i am really trying to say is that there are simple, innocent actions that we take with no knowledge of the consequences. consequences which have a considerably negative, tower-like covered in death
overtone. yet we didnt know, so it doesent matter.
but what if you did know, even when another person would not.
even when it has nothing to do with me, but the simple innocent actions of another, which i could prevented.
hmmm.. ya know what? i thiink i have had a king of pentacles.
i see now. thanks, man.

Fulgour

Hiya, Cartarum
Lemme see if I get this straight. Even if it means doing something you think may be wrong, trusting that there is a greater purpose leads eventually to all actions working for the good? The simplest way to find the right balance is to accept personal responsibility for your own actions, do what you know is right, and leave the big picture to the higher ups. Balance then really means just holding up your own end.