Native American Tarot by Laura Tuan

IHeartRescues

Aren't they? The artwork is what grabbed my attention -- it's so beautiful and different from other decks. I was wanting something that was more earth based without being full of fairies or goddesses and this fit the bill.

Definitely going to give this deck a fair chance -- the images pulled me so much, it had to be for a reason. I've cleansed the cards this evening and am leaving them in the light of the full moon tonight. It may require more time to learn this deck, but I think it will be worth it.

Please let me know if you purchase this deck -- it would be great to learn with someone!

WOW and WHAT A MOON! Closest to the earth for eighty years. So glad to hear you feel better about the deck. Native American style decks get a lot of criticism for different reasons. As Farzon pointed out, don't let that ruin your response to beauty. I will probably be waiting awhile to purchase but then again, Lo Scarabeo has cancelled production on their decks before so I may get it next year when I can....
I gather the lwb is no help in explaining the symbology of your cards?

dashofgold

WOW and WHAT A MOON! Closest to the earth for eighty years. So glad to hear you feel better about the deck. Native American style decks get a lot of criticism for different reasons. As Farzon pointed out, don't let that ruin your response to beauty. I will probably be waiting awhile to purchase but then again, Lo Scarabeo has cancelled production on their decks before so I may get it next year when I can....
I gather the lwb is no help in explaining the symbology of your cards?

Yes, such a beautiful moon it was indeed! I laid out all my tarot decks and stones while burning some incense from Egypt that a friend of mine had given to me. Always such a pleasing experience when theres a full moon :)

The LWB I find is very general -- this is definitely the kind of deck where you have to have pull the signs from the cards. I wish I knew a little more about Native American history and culture to better understand, so it's obvious this deck requires a lot of time/patience.

The little shop I go to here in NYC has many of these decks -- I'd be more than happy to send one your way if you ever need! Moving to NYC has made so many things more accessible than when I lived in Atlanta. Granted it's a bit more lonely, but wandering around the city has soothed that for me.