Holy Light vs Tabula Mundi Colores Arcus

Myrrha

Better yet, here's an image:
http://imgur.com/XtKeD4D (Be sure to click the image to enlarge it.)

My only point is that, whether you agree with her system or not, there is a definite and predictable pattern there and once you start to get the hang of it it will probably be at least a little less confusing. :)

imno007 - thanks for your post, it is very helpful! (I cut most of it in my quote for brevity but appreciated the whole post) I've had the deck for a week now but have been afraid to open it. I think I will now and lay one suit of the Minors out as you suggest.

What made me think it might not be a deck for me was doing some more reading on CPT's site and realizing the strongly gnostic perspective of the deck and how that translates to a harsh attitude toward the God of Abraham. I am not sure I will keep it but at least now I feel like opening it!

imno007

imno007 - thanks for your post, it is very helpful! (I cut most of it in my quote for brevity but appreciated the whole post) I've had the deck for a week now but have been afraid to open it. I think I will now and lay one suit of the Minors out as you suggest.

What made me think it might not be a deck for me was doing some more reading on CPT's site and realizing the strongly gnostic perspective of the deck and how that translates to a harsh attitude toward the God of Abraham. I am not sure I will keep it but at least now I feel like opening it!

You're very welcome, Myrrha. I'm glad if at least person got some benefit from my post. I haven't actually studied the deck much myself, despite having it for several months, mainly because I've been waiting for the second book for the deck to be released. The first book mentions several times that you don't really need the second one, yet it constantly refers to it, and there's not even a bibliography in the first volume, because - you guessed it - it's to also be included in the second volume. So I've been biding my time. I kept seeing posts, though, by people frustrated with the astrology of the deck, and that prompted me to give at least that aspect of the deck a look-over to see if I could make any sense of it. I think it should also be mentioned that Christine emphasizes the numerology of the deck as being more important by far than all other considerations when it comes to reading the cards. So everything else, including the astrology, are all secondary considerations, which people need to be mindful of. You don't need to try to tackle everything at once.

As for "a harsh attitude toward the God of Abraham," I can't really comment on that. I haven't yet personally seen any evidence of that myself; and to be honest, if anything, I've been slightly turned off at times by the heavy Christian symbolism and themes, especially the copious references to Protestant mysticism and philosophy, even though I understand why they're there, when considering the historical figures and the times, not to mention the symbolism. I'm afraid I'm not a very religious person at all. :)

EDIT: A couple other things I will mention, to save you any possible confusion. I own a first printing of the "deluxe" edition and there's a couple of misprints I've found. First, the 2 of Disks shows the degrees as 1-20" (should be 11-20"); and second, both the 7 and 8 of Wands have the wrong ruling planet attributed to them: the 7 of Wands shows the symbol for the Sun as the ruling planet, and the 8 of Wands has the symbol for Mars printed on it - that order should be reversed (7 ruled by Mars and 8 ruled by the Sun). Not sure if these errors were duplicated with subsequent editions, but I figured it was worth mentioning.