Devil & Star next to each other?

IndigoWaves

In my case this is a relationship that has ended but I have a sneaky feeling I haven't heard the last of it. I guess either these cards mean I'm right and are a warning to not get drawn back in or they are telling me to get my ego under control and move on...
Either of these could definitely fit... And to avoid feeding a devilish fixation/obsessive thought patterns, also consider resisting the urge to do readings about the ex. We can all too easily remain stuck on someone that way, even whip ourselves up into seeking a "replay" (as you may have observed folks doing here, before). The Devil knows how to hide motives, and combined with a potentially "whitewashing" Star, extra vigilance/mindfulness is advised. Take care.

SunChariot

Either of these could definitely fit... And to avoid feeding a devilish fixation/obsessive thought patterns, also consider resisting the urge to do readings about the ex. We can all too easily remain stuck on someone that way, even whip ourselves up into seeking a "replay" (as you may have observed folks doing here, before). The Devil knows how to hide motives, and combined with a potentially "whitewashing" Star, extra vigilance/mindfulness is advised. Take care.

There is something to that. As long as you are doing readings on the topic it is not really over. In the sense that you are holding on to it and not letting go. That could be what the Devil card is talking about. The temptation to do this, which may not be good for you, taking you to the best place for yourself. Then the Star could say that you are doing these readings because something in you hopes he will come back. And that is why you haven't let go. But since it is the Devil card it says that it is in your best interest to let go and put it behind you.

Babs

Grizabella

My thought is that these two cards indicate someone who is emotionally unavailable. The Devil very often means a dysfunctional relationship, and the Star is very emotionally cool and distant when reading about relationships that are represented by the Devil. Since you don't mention positional titles, this is how I'd read these two cards. :)