Thoth is telling me to be cruel....

One Armed Scissor

5 out of 6......

Ok, so I'm not getting the lesson, because it still coming up in the what to do part of the spread. Maybe I'm just lousy at shuffling.

PlatinumDove

One Armed Scissor said:
Ok, so I'm not getting the lesson, because it still coming up in the what to do part of the spread. Maybe I'm just lousy at shuffling.

Or maybe you're just not getting the lesson. ;) Cards come up in certain positions no matter how much we shuffle, because we need those particular cards to come up.

Nevada

Well it may be that you are getting what the lesson is, but that you're still working on it. Maybe the message in the repeats is to keep working on that for now, and not get pulled away by something else before you've completed this life lesson.

Nevada

One Armed Scissor

I think I got the lesson, the hard way. Swords represent air, which represents intelect and speech, right. So I can be very cruel with my intelect and speech, I am very sarcastic with people when they piss me off and make them feel dumber than doorknobs. Last weekend I felt I was unfairly harrased by the local police, so I got very mouthy with them. LOL I already knew how much batons and boots hurt, but wow, tasers are a whole new world of hurt. LOL Wow, I'll be more mindfull of when I mouth of from now on.

PlatinumDove

Tasers...ouch! Hope you learned your lesson now! :D

Umbrae

One Armed Scissor said:
So I can be very cruel with my intelect and speech, I am very sarcastic with people when they piss me off and make them feel dumber than doorknobs....I'll be more mindfull of when I mouth of from now on.
Please don't misunderstand me - I believe it's human nature to sometimes beat the hell outta that dead horse...and often...that is the lesson of the Nine of Swords.

One Armed Scissor

Yeah, well at least I know I have a pretty high threshold for pain. But yeah, in retrospect, I often insult or offend people with comments I don't really mean. They just sound funny and make me seem oh so witty, so I say them in jest, but I telling someone I was kidding doesn't take the pain away. So I'll hold my tounge from now on. As for being treated unfairly by the police, a letter to the local paper, a complaint with the county, or a lawsuit would be better usage of intellect and words(those 9 swords) than hurling insults.

Equusgirl

Sometimes by speaking what is exactly on our minds, we find ourselves in more hot water than if we'd done the smart/diplomatic thing and kept our own counsel. As you said, a strongly written letter or a lawsuit would deal with things in a very intellectual manner, and not get yourself in hot water again by beaking off. In the end, you're the one that looks like the young punk who just can't keep his mouth shut.

~Peace