The iTongo Tarot from South Africa

WolfSpirit

I am finally getting this deck!
Now that I have the money, it is not available from Tarot Media Company, and the kalahari.net store only ships the deck nationally.
But I emailed Robyn-Anne Pollard, the creator, directly and she will send me a deck, I can pay her with Paypal :D She also said that Tarot Media Company will re-stock.

For those who want to see more of the deck:
http://thetaxi.co.za/category/card-for-the-week/page/2/
Robyn-Anne did a weekly card draw for a radio station.

WyrdRaven

Oh my! I have just finished looking at the card images (thanks so much for those!) and now I HAVE to have this! Right when I felt I was immune to the siren song of new tarot decks!

WolfSpirit

Once I have it in my hands, I will post again and enable you further ;)
I loved the cards too the moment I saw them. I have no special connection with Africa, I am just interested in other countries and cultures, and especially love to learn from people close to nature. That was enough to sell me to this deck.
Also, I think the colours are gorgeous :)

WyrdRaven

Do you have your deck yet, WolfSpirit? I just took the plunge and ordered mine yesterday!

WolfSpirit

Yes, I got mine. Shipping from South Africa to the Netherlands went very smoothly, and I had to sign for it on delivery.
The quality of the deck and book is very good, and I love the bright colourful world it shows us. I don't have any connection with Africa or African culture, but I loved the deck instantly for its natural, earthy feel. On second look, I will have to delve into the book to learn more about some of the cards.
I will post more later. I had a terrible flu over the weekend with high fever, and I still feel like my brain shut down in the process.

WyrdRaven

I will post more later. I had a terrible flu over the weekend with high fever, and I still feel like my brain shut down in the process.

I hope that you are feeling better soon! I am looking forward to working with this deck. Really impressed by what I've seen so far, especially the accurate portrayals of the various tribal groups. I think it is going to read like a dream!

RavenOfSummer

Just wondering, has anyone U.S.-based found a distributor of this deck more locally, or does everyone just purchase directly from the creator (from South Africa)?

rwcarter

Just wondering, has anyone U.S.-based found a distributor of this deck more locally, or does everyone just purchase directly from the creator (from South Africa)?
I bought mine from Tarot Media Company (I believe) at BATS one year. They don't appear to have it for sale now.

RavenOfSummer

I bought mine from Tarot Media Company (I believe) at BATS one year. They don't appear to have it for sale now.

Thanks for the information rwcarter! Hmm, I guess the only way to purchase now is from the creator which I will happily do (have already been in touch with her)...just wish this deck was more easily/readily available! It seems like a wonderful deck. I'm excited to work with it.

AJ

I got mine from the same place as Rodney. Call them directly perhaps?