Vertigo Tarot - colour of borders?

earthair

I bought a spare deck and the new one has dark maroon borders, whereas my old one has black borders and much thinner cardstock? I know there are many different versions, anniversary editions, with and without bags etc, so I was wondering which ones have black edges for sure?

martykens

My copy- which is not the First Edition or the Anniversary deck & bag set has black borders. I couldn't find a copy write date or edition number, but it's stated on the box that it's the "New Edition."
My cards are rather on the thin side as well, but they shuffle beautifully [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Shadow

I have the 2nd edition and the 3rd (20th anniversary). After a careful comparison, the 3rd edition does have maroon borders, very dark. I had to take them into a very good light to see. The 2nd edition has black borders. The card stock is very similar.

The Shadow

Very, very fine print on the inside of the book, with the publishing information. One will have 2nd printing and the other will have 3rd printing or edition. I had to look twice because I got the books mixed up when I was comparing the two.

earthair

They're maroon. Not sure if it's the same maroon as the 3rd edition. It's not super dark. A kind of dusty maroon.

Many thanks :) Now I just need to get my paws on a 2nd edition it seems...
I love this deck more and more every time I use it. It reaches the parts of one's subconscious that other decks don't reach :laugh: