Atu XIX; The Sun and mother nature?

stagfoot

Does the hill in this card look like a breast to anyone else?
Turn it to the right, side on, if you're having trouble seeing it.

Alta

What were your thoughts on that possibility? In other words, if it is, what did you feel was the significance?

Aeon418

It's a fertility symbol and a reflection on the link between the Sun and the Earth.

In the Book of Thoth, Crowley says the Sun is Heru-Ra-Ha, a form of the Sun god Horus. I believe there might be a link here with many of the old Egyptian images of the goddess Isis feeding the infant Horus.

Crowley's comments on the Ace of Disks are worth reading for the connection between the Earth and the Sun in the New Aeon.

stagfoot

Aeon418 said:
It's a fertility symbol and a reflection on the link between the Sun and the Earth.
That's what I thought.

Aeon418 said:
In the Book of Thoth, Crowley says the Sun is Heru-Ra-Ha, a form of the Sun god Horus. I believe there might be a link here with many of the old Egyptian images of the goddess Isis feeding the infant Horus.
Though it's twisting the original associations of a luna goddess a little, I quite like this idea.

Crowley also mentions in one of his books the rose (seen in the card as the sun) on the breast (as nipple) of the scarlet woman.
Then there's the Book of Thoth, pg114; "It is also most important to observe that the formula of the rose and cross (indicated by the wall-girt mound) has completed the fire change into "something rich and strange"; for the mound is green, where one would expect it to be red, and the wall red, where one would expect it to be green or blue."

Ffortiwn

I have recently become fascinated with gaining a deeper understanding of Crowley's vision of the relationship between the Sun, the Earth and the Moon and the Star. Which text might be an appropriate place to begin?

Aeon418

forteanajones said:
Which text might be an appropriate place to begin?
That's a hard question to answer forteanajones. I assume your not just referring to the Tarot cards of the same names but the astrological planets as well ?

Can you be a little more specific ?

Dean

The Sun - Enjoying one's success but also fooling oneself, seeing the world through rose-colored glasses.