Hostile Suits, Friendly Suits

Lighthouse

I never thought much about it. As I understood it, the court cards were the SUB-elements within the suit itself. So the queen of wands is the water like quality of fire, but it's still a fiery card, and would not be well dignified sandwiched in between cup cards.

Lillie

thinbuddha said:
Seems that nobody takes that kind of thing into account in their system, which seems strange to me.

No. they left it out deliberatley, so you could find it out, write a book and be famous as a great Thoth scholar! :)

prudence

Lighthouse said:
I never thought much about it. As I understood it, the court cards were the SUB-elements within the suit itself. So the queen of wands is the water like quality of fire, but it's still a fiery card, and would not be well dignified sandwiched in between cup cards.

Just wondering, could this Queen be seen as a mutable fire type? I.E. moving and flowing like water, yet it's fire that is moving and flowing?

thinbuddha

Lillie said:
No. they left it out deliberatley, so you could find it out, write a book and be famous as a great Thoth scholar! :)

Hmmmm..... I could do that. I'm not sure how much fame comes from such an undertaking. Probably more infamy considering how much I would have to BS my way through it..... please buy my book anyway.

Incidently, on the "supertarot" web site, they did mention that you could take the whole "earthy part of water" thing into account, though in the same paragraph, they basically said that the effects would be so subtle as to be not worthy of my attention at this point.

-tb

Lillie

Did they?

I hadn't noticed that.

I can only skim through big loads of writing on a screen.
I have to be too close and it hurts my head.

I keep meaning to go back and read more, but so far....

Trust your intuition, Every reading is different.
The same card in 2 different readings can mean two different things.

Otherwise we could just get a computer to read them for us!

PS. I await your book with anticipation. :D

thinbuddha

supertarot speaketh:
Note that in Tarot, individual Court cards represent the interaction of two elements, but in the context of the watery part OF Air, or fiery part OF Fire. In general, Elemental Dignities only considers the dominant element, not the part, but you may consider the subtleties of the combinations (and they are very subtle).

http://www.supertarot.co.uk/lessons/04perm.htm