The Secret Tarot study group

Dakota

hmmmmmmm, The Secret Tarot sounds like a real addiction to me! I just succumbed to its lure and will be lurking on these threads til my deck arrives........ :D

DarkElectric

WooHoo!
Please count me in!
I've been reading with this deck for several years, and I know there is SO much more to it!
Although current life circumstances will prevent me from posting as often as I'd like, I'll try to contribute whenever I can. :)
This is a great deck, and I'm glad we're going to give it some in depth attention.

Shade

I'm so happy this deck finally has a study group section of its own. I've been using the Secret tarot as my main reading deck for several years and it has taken me a great distance in my tarot studies.

Incidentally, when I got the deck the titles were printed on the bottom in Italian and on the top in several other languages. On current versions of the deck is it still done this way or are the titoles in English now (which I thikn I would disapprove of).

Centaur

Shade said:
Incidentally, when I got the deck the titles were printed on the bottom in Italian and on the top in several other languages. On current versions of the deck is it still done this way or are the titoles in English now (which I thikn I would disapprove of).

Hi Shade,

Mine is like that too.

:)

Cerulean

Thanks for noticing, Shade!

I have the older 1997 version when Lo Scarabeo still put "Editions di Arte" on certain decks. I think people can still buy the Italian version through Alidastore.com that has the High Priestess on the box. The instructions would be in Italian, though.

At some point, I thought there was going to be a mini-deck version this year...I'll have to check the online catalogue. The past few days, I've been looking in my collection for an alternative deck...this one inspired more looks from me over the years than many others.

Maybe because I had a little time to see a few classic movies on a holiday...but there's many 'heroic' or classic poses and funny poses as well...I'm hoping to post a review soon here and on Amazon.com...just a fun deck. I'm hoping there's a mini-version available for travel...

Best wishes and hope to add more to the study threads this summer...and this is a good dark deck alternative into fall, as well, when people look for Halloween-friendly moody decks.

Regards,

Cerulean Mari

Myrrha

This is a great deck to study and It is very useful to see everybody's takes on the cards.

Does anyone find that when this deck talks about other people in readings it uses physical resemblance a lot more than other decks? For example I did a reading a while ago about a former housemate and the card in the central position was one that looked just like him but the meaning of the card didn't seem to be the point.

--Myrrha

Cerulean

Just an odd note about your resemblance question...

Some of the characters incidently have a Harry Potter or movie with otherworldly characteristics. My leggy nephews with glasses do have an odd resemblance to some of the puzzled boys with glasses/aviator caps.

The moody expression of the Empress looked like an actress in a certain picture (I started an Empress thread and say the resemblance there)--but it seems the expressiveness of the pictures can become more 'apt' reminders to me of people that I know the more I look at this deck.

Interesting to see me becoming so attached to this for modern questions. Also, I have begun to use this with Dream cards for reflective readings and writing ideas (journal)...so this a nice deck for summer relaxation to me. I may have to buy another to use for others/experiments if I find it becoming to well worn. I hear it is coming out in a mini version, so I'll wait until then.

I've the 1997 version, slightly different, and have used it on and off since then. Really holds up well and still has the polished look with a small wipe down with a cotton cloth every now and then.

This is an instance I'm glad for the plastic, slick coating.

Regards,

Cerulean

Rusty Neon

Re: Just an odd note about your resemblance question...

Cerulean said:
I've the 1997 version, slightly different, and have used it on and off since then. Really holds up well and still has the polished look with a small wipe down with a cotton cloth every now and then.

I'm curious about the differences. I had thought the only difference was the box, having a different card illustrated on the front.

Cerulean

As Centaur and Shade said above:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Shade
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Shade,

Mine is like that too.

And so is mine.

Cerulean Mari

galadrial

Hi all. I'm going to be mostly away from the forum for the summer. I've greatly enjoyed all your insights and am glad this deck has a following. Hope to be back in the fall. Have a great summer.

Love and Light, galadrial