The Secret Tarot study group

Centaur

Hope you have fun over the Summer!!! I for one will miss your posts!!!!

Myrrha

Have a wonderful summer, Galadrial, with lots of adventures and time to read tarot....
--Myrrha

Cerulean

It looks like this study group was deleted.

I guess because there was not sufficient postings in that forum. All the previous gathered threads for the Secrets Study group forum now come up under various titles--because before we were posting to a study group and did not always write LS Secret Tarots in our thread title.

There is not a link nor listing for Secrets Study Group, in the index thread of study groups. It took three or four searches for me to find this thread.

Am I missing something?

I'm sorry that there was not sufficient discussion for this deck. It was easier for me to reference the various discussions about the deck because of the study group format.

Best regards, and sighing for the loss,

Cerulean

bleuivy

Oh no! I had done searches earlier looking for a Secret Tarot discussion group, but couldn't find one. Now I find out that there was a discussion group, but I missed it, and the posts are hard to find!

Oh well. Would anyone be interested in starting this discussion group up again, but with better organization? Or perhaps starting a new Secret Tarot study group? This is one of my favorite decks, and I'd love to discuss it with other like-minded people. :)

Let me know!

Cagedflame

I'd love to.

I just got this deck, and while I clicked instantly with some cards, some cards are mysteries to me. I'd love to participate in a study group. :)

Sanctum_Priest

Secret tarot

Is there any interest in reviving this deck for discussion?

I tried to comment on a post from 2004 but I didn't have permission!!!

teaguejb

Yes Sanctum. I just got this deck and am now working with it a bit. Right out of the box it didn't really sing at me, but I'm a newb at tarot so it's likely just my inexperience. I've starting posting a few thoughts in the study group for different cards.

If I wanted to add new threads for other cards, how would I add that to the table of contents at the beginning of this thread?

Here's a general question about this deck: why the varying skin tones? Some are very natural, some are very pale, and some are very greenish. Still other characters are completely hidden--we see no flesh at all. For example, the knight of chalices is covered in armor head to toe. Wait a sec...actually, he might have exposed hands. Hard to tell.

Sanctum_Priest

teaguejb said:
If I wanted to add new threads for other cards, how would I add that to the table of contents at the beginning of this thread?

Start a new thread and then send a pm to Sulis who will add it to the index.

Sanctum_Priest

teaguejb said:
Here's a general question about this deck: why the varying skin tones? Some are very natural, some are very pale, and some are very greenish. Still other characters are completely hidden--we see no flesh at all. For example, the knight of chalices is covered in armor head to toe. Wait a sec...actually, he might have exposed hands. Hard to tell.

I haven't thought about the different skin tones before. Not sure if it's deliberate. It tends to be that the women have very pale skins and the men are more bronzed; it makes the women look more beautiful and the men more experienced!
I find it fascinating that some of the outfits have a distinct twenties feel about them whereas the deck as a whole is quite medieval fairy tale. I think there's even less to read into this observation, though; it probably is just artistic inconsistency.

strings of life

More than 7 years later...

* dusts off thread *

Is anyone else interested in reviving this study group? I'm planning on making some headway while I'm on vacation later this week. I'm not sure if I'll go in order or will just pick cards randomly; I'm leaning towards working on the Minors first.

I may not post until the first week of October, but I'll transcribe my notes after :).