Just a Wee Snippet of Gossip

Rosanne

I have been trying to see if Pamela painted some of her heroes into her cards and I may have stumbled onto one at least. William B Yeats said as a boy he rode a red pony and I have attached a painting by William's brother Jack of him on that pony.
Quote "Wiliam Butler Yeats (1865-1939), the Irish poet and dramatist, probably most influenced the change in Smith's thinking. In the early 1900s he was deeply involved with a number of religious and philosophical organisations, especially the Order of the Golden Dawn, of which he was a memeber since 1890. His other interests included Irish folklore and Druidism, platonism, theosophy, mysticism, magic and hermeticism."
Pamela visited with the Painter Jack and family in Devonshire in England. I have seen pictures of Jacks Yeats paintings and this one of the red horse does not look like his others- it looks like Pamela's work. Somewhere between 1901 and 1903 Pamela joined the Irish literary society and the Isis-Urania temple of the Order of the Golden Dawn under William Yeats's sponsorship. Pamela also designed sets for Yeat's plays. I certainly do not think Pamela 'drifted into the Golden Dawn and loved the ceremonies as transformed by myself" as Waite has quoted- she had been sponsored by Yeats earlier!
Anyway I hope you like my little bit of gossip about the red pony, I think it shows the knight of Wands William Yeats grown and on 'Irish Fire' ~Rosanne

Attachments

• YeatsRedPony.jpg
    YeatsRedPony.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 226

Abrac

That's cool Rosanne, thanks!

-fof

Fulgour

Thanks!

Rosanne said:
Somewhere between 1901 and 1903 Pamela joined the Irish literary society and the Isis-Urania temple of the Order of the Golden Dawn under William Yeats's sponsorship. Pamela also designed sets for Yeat's plays. I certainly do not think Pamela 'drifted into the Golden Dawn and loved the ceremonies as transformed by myself" as Waite has quoted- she had been sponsored by Yeats earlier!
I took a course, Modern Bristish Poetry, at University
and Yeats was both formidable and outlandish in that
he is so different when studied as opposed to simply
saying his name as a mantra. A rummy critter indeed,
as Pamela so termed him, and a world class kook too.

But that's what's great about flesh and blood poets!
Here we find the same is true for graphic artists ~
Pam lived a richly rewarding and very exciting life...
so much more than she is recognised for, which too
should remind us that she was "Pixie" to her friends.