4 of wands and 4 of cups as indecisiveness?

bearfoot

What do you guys think about the 4 of cups and the 4 of wands together as representing someone who is indecisive about their situation? Almost like this person is procrastinating on acting on their emotions

don710

I associate Four of Cups with apathy and being picky, so that to me makes sense, but I'm a little uncertain about wands. What about that card is pointing you in the direction of indecision?

Catrenna

I would think with the two fours the person feels stable in the situation and maybe a little bored. Like a daily routine. 4 of cups is being dissatisfied and the 4 of wands is like the persons foundation, home, or marriage.

Grizabella

These two cards together say "monogamy" to me.

On the 4 of Cups we see that the person isn't even noticing or accepting the single cup offered to him. He's concentrating on the 3 cups and ignoring the fourth one. The 3 cups could indicate a family. The 4 of Wands signifies happiness within a structure or situation. A feeling of warmth and belonging and joy, which is what we get from our home, family and friends.

As for the two cards indicating indecision---I think they're indicating that there isn't any indecision. They know what they want, they have it, and they're intending to keep it.

Alchemyst

Indecisive is a great read.

I often see the fours, when they show up in pairs, as "sanctuary".

This is the permanence of stone we see in the Emperor (IV)

4 Wands - sanctuary of desire.
4 Cups - sanctuary of spirit.
4 Swords - sanctuary of rest.
4 Pentacles - sanctuary of nature

Wands and cups together sometimes point to indecision or stalemate. Water extinguishes fire.
The Ace of Cups is embedded within the four of cups. This points to the magician. Calling one to balance. In this case the celebration of the three of cups is being brought into the contemplative aspect by the holy grail being offered from the clouds. The problem is we can't live there. The four of wands asks us then to look at core desires that make life more fulfilling.

Sometimes making a bad decision is better than nothing because at least it gets us moving forward.

IndigoWaves

What do you guys think about the 4 of cups and the 4 of wands together as representing someone who is indecisive about their situation? Almost like this person is procrastinating on acting on their emotions
What was the reading's question and/or the spread's positional header(s) for these cards? That would help to narrow down their meaning...

bearfoot

It was a reading done for myself regarding someone's emotions towards me and our situation. Indecisiveness was mainly because his mindset seems to sway back and forth constantly in readings. I get this feeling that he cares quite a bit, but can't decide what he wants to do.

I pull wands and cups together out quite often when it comes to any thought or question relating to him, as well as the "wheel of fortune"

IndigoWaves

It was a reading done for myself regarding someone's emotions towards me and our situation. Indecisiveness was mainly because his mindset seems to sway back and forth constantly in readings. I get this feeling that he cares quite a bit, but can't decide what he wants to do.

I pull wands and cups together out quite often when it comes to any thought or question relating to him, as well as the "wheel of fortune"
I would see this 4C as a rather unimpressed awareness of (and resulting reluctance to accept) the feelings/love that you're offering. The 4W, meanwhile, suggests that he feels over-eagerly urged by you into a closer relationship... And the Wheel shows an overall instability: a desire to stay free as the wind, ever-ready for something better to come along.