Emperor Guy

haleyw

I'm dating a guy that keeps coming up as The Emperor. I know that The Emperor is generally rigid, authoritative, likes to be in control, etc. The thing is, this guy isn't really like that at all. In fact, he's known (from our mutual friends), to be the exact opposite of that - fun loving, bit of a party animal, pretty chilled out kind of guy. He hasn't shown this wild side to me much (he is chilled out though) and I'm wondering (hoping :)), if this means that he is actually wanting and is prepared to become more Emperor like and that is why he's appearing as The Emperor. The Emperor comes up as his feelings towards me and also represents him in general.

Would love to hear any thoughts.

lepleadian

I'm dating a guy that keeps coming up as The Emperor. I know that The Emperor is generally rigid, authoritative, likes to be in control, etc. The thing is, this guy isn't really like that at all. In fact, he's known (from our mutual friends), to be the exact opposite of that - fun loving, bit of a party animal, pretty chilled out kind of guy. He hasn't shown this wild side to me much (he is chilled out though) and I'm wondering (hoping :)), if this means that he is actually wanting and is prepared to become more Emperor like and that is why he's appearing as The Emperor. The Emperor comes up as his feelings towards me and also represents him in general.

not always it is also someone who gives you security and protection. Maybe the cards are telling this . Or the cards are showing what you really miss like someone who creating order out of chaos....be careful sometimes cards show what we want to hear or what we miss

Seleni

When I get the Emperor describing someone, I've noticed that often the expectations of he other person involved in the relationship are not met. So it's not that he'll become authoritative or rigid necessarily, but maybe this card is telling you that what you see is what you'll get from him and you shouldn't expect him to move from his current position. Is that enough for you?

Barleywine

Think about the inherent nature of an "Emperor" (like Caesar or Alexander the Great) apart from the meanings that have accrued to the card. They tend to be absolutists, "masters of all they survey." They don't think too much outside the box (unless it's about the next conquest or grand project that will enlarge the box to hold their over-sized ego); they created the "box" and they inhabit it fully, squeezing out lesser beings. They are also accustomed to unquestioning obedience. There is the notion of the "father" about them, like the quote attributed to Louis XIV: "I am the State," meaning he had absolute authority in all things. But then there is the astrological perspective, which counters some of the rigidity: while still single-minded, Aries is adventurous and pioneering; maybe that's what your guy's reputation is built on. He's "loose" when it suits him, but pay attention to his inherent tendency to want to be the unchallenged "leader" or "boss." If he's still young and undisciplined, wait . . .

haleyw

not always it is also someone who gives you security and protection. Maybe the cards are telling this . Or the cards are showing what you really miss like someone who creating order out of chaos....be careful sometimes cards show what we want to hear or what we miss

That's interesting! I haven't looked at it like this before, but you could be onto something here.

Thank you!

haleyw

When I get the Emperor describing someone, I've noticed that often the expectations of he other person involved in the relationship are not met. So it's not that he'll become authoritative or rigid necessarily, but maybe this card is telling you that what you see is what you'll get from him and you shouldn't expect him to move from his current position. Is that enough for you?

Ah! That makes total sense and I'm wondering now if that is exactly how it's going to be.

haleyw

Think about the inherent nature of an "Emperor" (like Caesar or Alexander the Great) apart from the meanings that have accrued to the card. They tend to be absolutists, "masters of all they survey." They don't think too much outside the box (unless it's about the next conquest or grand project that will enlarge the box to hold their over-sized ego); they created the "box" and they inhabit it fully, squeezing out lesser beings. They are also accustomed to unquestioning obedience. There is the notion of the "father" about them, like the quote attributed to Louis XIV: "I am the State," meaning he had absolute authority in all things. But then there is the astrological perspective, which counters some of the rigidity: while still single-minded, Aries is adventurous and pioneering; maybe that's what your guy's reputation is built on. He's "loose" when it suits him, but pay attention to his inherent tendency to want to be the unchallenged "leader" or "boss." If he's still young and undisciplined, wait . . .

Hey, sorry, just realised my reply didn't post yesterday.

What do you mean by 'accustomed to unquestioning obedience'?

Barleywine

Hey, sorry, just realised my reply didn't post yesterday.

What do you mean by 'accustomed to unquestioning obedience'?

I don't know of any "Emperor" type - formal, self-styled, figurative, or simply "father-figure" who expects to have to ask twice for something to be done. I could see a relationship with the "Emperor" degenerating into a kind of "master/slave" situation, without a second thought on his part. As I implied before, don't expect to see it all at once.

haleyw

I don't know of any "Emperor" type - formal, self-styled, figurative, or simply "father-figure" who expects to have to ask twice for something to be done. I could see a relationship with the "Emperor" degenerating into a kind of "master/slave" situation, without a second thought on his part. As I implied before, don't expect to see it all at once.

He's not an 'Emporer' guy though. That's the thing. At least, I don't think he is.

Grizabella

Quite often the true colors of a person don't come out till they're actually in a relationship. Sure, he might be laid back and the life of the party when he's single, so that's what the majority of his friends see, but when he's in a committed relationship, he could be totally different. The cards may just be telling you that his true nature is very different from what he puts out to the world when he's single. He may be authoritarian and "my way or the highway" in private within a committed relationship.