King of Wands RX as Action

QueenOfTemperance

Hi all :)
I was hoping to get some insight on the King of Wands REVERSED as an action. It's a bit hard for me to read the cards in the context of "something you can DO" but this one has me really stumped. I was doing a short (5 card) reading asking if my attempts to connect with a male friend of mine were helping the situation or making things worse. The final card (KOW RX) represents "the action I can take at this time that would be for the benefit of all involved." I'm assuming that the King of Wands reversed is referring to me, but could it also represent my friend? As in, the tarot is saying "Leave him alone to work out what he wants and where he wants to focus his energy." Or perhaps the Tarot is asking me to take a step back and try to center myself, not forfeit control over the situation, and focus on myself? Do you see this as telling me to hold off on contacting him right now?

For reference, he is a friend of mine and is not currently a romantic interest. We did not fight or have a falling out. He is going through a hard time.

In your experience, how would you interpret this card as an action? As always, thanks so much for your wisdom ;)

Absynthe

As an action I would say don't pursue, push or try and offer solutions right now. He wants to figure this one out in his own time and needs to feel in control of his own situation. King Of Wands upright is a master of charisma and purposeful action. Rx, it's saying let him do his own thing he's coming to his own solutions.

QueenOfTemperance

Hey Absinthe,
Thanks so much for the feedback! That makes perfect sense, especially in the context of the situation. It really isn't about me in the end, so it makes sense that the card isn't giving me something to DO about it per se. I want to help in some way, but I know now that I need to let him focus on finding his own solutions and take charge of things for himself. I need to remove myself from the equation and let things unfold.

Much appreciation for the help :)