Gemstone for shock/grief

stonesatiety

Great news! I love amethyst. There are so many varieties, including non-purple types. The first large stone who offered to come live here was an amethyst flower cluster. It keeps things clear during healing sessions and day to day. One type I find especially uplifting is amethyst "Spirit Quart."

MizGrace

I'm glad it isn't just me getting drawn to amethyst I was drawn to the site I think because of the purple layout too! spirit amethyst? o_O sounds good
I have started putting some crystals out around the place. I went to a house sale and found some nice pieces to my surprise.
this thread has made me get into meditating with crystals. I am feeling much better with using them. It's keeping me grounded too -- I am wondering if this is the brown cluster I bought doing this. I read from the replies Smokey Quartz.

stonesatiety

How fun the house sale surprise! Stones come when we open to them, that's for sure. Amethyst feels so yum to me. The spirit quartz is usually smaller crystals whose sides are covered in smaller crystals, so they look furry. I have some that sit mostly in a group that get me smiling no matter what. They're over there beaming right now. ha!

Purple attracting you? A few other purple stones come to mind. Ametrine is amethyst and citrine together. I enjoy that energy too. Most comes from Bolivia, but not exclusively. I have three tumbled ametrines I enjoy carrying in my pocket. Charoite is my other most-used purple stone. It can be expensive, but tumbles are usually reasonable. Sugelite is a stone one of my friends lusts for! ha! Super magical stuff if it reasonates with you. Fluorite comes in many colors, including purple. It helps me stabilize my dreaming and integrate the usual human multiple personae into one calm package. Purpurite arrived a few years ago and I have yet to work with it much. Two tiny aquamarine crystals lie on it for now.

Fun with the smoky cluster. A smoky cluster can be extra grounding. Smokies help us see and embrace our shadow and dark natures, but more important to me is their adventurous, "trooper" attitude. No matter what we've done, no matter what's going on in life, they're beside us ready to help and play.

MizGrace

I Like going round old warehouses and tend to go every week. We have one here that has all kinds of things donated from house clearances.
I wanted to update as went there again today and got some pieces of jewelry.I paid 50p to a £1.00 and I showed them in the place the items and they didn't care they were silver or had gemstones.The money goes to homeless shelters and I told them these seem rare and the whole but, I can't take these things, I genuinely felt guilty. I don't know why I was so honest. Yet they still charged me around £4.00 for four silver pieces including earrings and chains and a silver cross. They said you like them have them. Ok, so I'd spent a lot on furniture there. So, I think they saw it as a gesture.
I will definitely be looking again.
I found amethyst/garnet and opal/mother of pearl earrings. the opal really called to me it was rainbow and shiny. I felt drawn to the patterns inside it.
Yes, gemstones are turning up for me right now.
I'm more interested gemstones than my fr-enemies right now.

Purple still calling to me and it's helping me to sleep better!