Herkimer Diamond Mining!

Chronata

I get the unique opportunity in two weeks to go herkimer crystal mining in New York!

I have never done real mining before, but I have all my tools packed already.

I was wondering if anyone has ever done crystal mining, and if there was a way to zero in on the energy of the crystals to find them easily?

I figured I already have a nice sensitivity to the energy signature of herkimer crystals (I have a couple of really lovely pieces already!) and if there was a way to project my energy to "call" to the ones hidden in the earth.

Has anyone heard of doing such a thing? This "crystal whispering?"

Or am I just a nut-job? :D

shelikes2read

Heck no, you're not a nut job. That sounds outstanding!

In my Fluorite thread, I have described using the Fluorite to focus my internal "radar". I normally scan for things like pedestrians around the corner, or certain types of vehicle. But there's nothing to stop you from turning your own internal radar onto other targets, including unmined Herkimer diamonds.

I would recommend practicing the whole internal radar process regularly between now and your mining trip. If you want to use a stone to help you focus, you can do that; if you'd rather scan without using a stone to boost the results, that's fine, too.

But if you use a stone, don't forget to post about it in a study thread! :)

shelikes2read

Oh, and also -- if you can find info online from others who have successfully mined Herkimer Diamonds, see if they give any hints on what things to look for visually. Between the input of our physical senses, and that of the senses that reach beyond the physical realm, you should get some good "hits" when you're doing your searching.

Good luck! :)

silverwings94

You will be about 3-4 hours away from us. I've gone past it several years ago on my way to Albany and the state capital to work a banquet for the Govenor for his "State to State" address.
I've heard its alot of fun mining for those diamonds. You literally can find them on the ground while walking around thee.
Have a great time.!
Kat!

Briar Rose

I am an hour drive from Albany. How far is it from there? I would love to have someone to go with. Do you have to have your own tools, or do they have ones people can rent?

Mystic Zyl

Well, people use diving rods to dowse for water. Why not some kind of extra tool for diamonds? Everything gives off energy, you just have to tap in to that frequency. Good Luck on your trip!

wildchilde

oooh!! I would LOVE to be able to do this! Too bad I am on the opposite coast. I adore herkimer diamonds. In fact, I am anxiously awaiting some in the mail right now! Would be much cooler to mine them myself though. Hope you will share some pics when you get back, Chronata!

Chronata

Packing up my tools, safety goggles and big brimmed hat today!
It's about six hundred miles, I think...maybe longer.
But since this is sort of a working vacation, I have to pack all the other crap too! I am super excited!

Definitely will have pictures!
And if anyone wants me to find a crystal just for them, leave your request, and I will see what I can do!