I'm making a 'new' 'bear' tarot deck...

MoonGypsy

Hi Sis! :*

i am sorry i have been a bit AWOL, but there have been a few challenges on this end...
Thunder got his belly slashed in a cat fight and had to have surgery--stitches and a drain tube inserted....i have had to keep a close eye on him...

Just jumping on AT and off again...

He is doing fine, thank goodness!

i just caught up on your latest fabulous Bear cards, and <Oh My>you are doing such a grand job, my sis!!! :love:

i love them all! :thumbsup:

Although, i have to admit to agreeing with Chiska regarding the Polar Bears in the 10 of Cups. i would love to see a snowy/icy environment for them, if at all possible. that would be Bliss for them...:heart: But i still adore the card, even if it remains as it is...:D

But still, you did a STELLAR job in every other way with the 10 of Cups...:love:

Oh, and i ADORE the 'lil critter on the bottom of the 8 of Wands! So cute and creative!

Hugs and Blessings,
MG xxx

tarotlyn

:heart: Hi! :heart:Chiska! Glad to see you here and helping me with your comments!:):thumbsup:

I understand now about what you are saying about 'missing snow' for the Polar bears!
I had to use Polars because none of my other bears would fit the action in the 10 of cups card!
I am trying to stay close to the RW version (almost literally)...I think I have it fixed for you
and will re-post it in a few minutes along with my latest finished card (the 9 of coins).

Thank you so much for pointing out that I need snow with Polar bears...luckily (in the beginning)
I made up a BUNCH of different types of digital snow for these cards. So it was a snap to fix!!!

I am sad too about the reality of it all! I can't stand 'Sar_h Paa_lin' for teaching her children
how to hunt those sweet little bears!!! :( Karma is a big price to pay for stupidity...

Chiska, I really hope that you have a better feeling now, when you look at this card :)

Thanks again!
:heart: tarotlyn

I've been watching your progress and the cards are great!!

I like the 10 Cups - but something kept bugging me - a kind of sad feeling. I'd return to the image and try to figure out what could be bugging me about such an awesome scene!

I finally figured it out...they are polar bears. And their surroundings, their happy and love filled home is not snow and ice! They look a bit out of place. And the sadness I felt, I think, is because in reality, too much of the polar bear habitat is being lost as ice melts.

I love the bears you chose - they really look like they are dancing! I am really impressed with your artistic ability! :) I am not very creative and have great admiration for those who are.

tarotlyn

:heart: My sweetist sis, I am sooo sorry to hear about your Thunder kitty :( That was just awfull!

It is a good thing he has you and your honey to love and fix him back up!

I am really glad to hear that he is doing well...I will keep praying for him to be good as new again soon! :heart:

I wondered where you went :bugeyed:... I just figured that something happened and that
you would be back soon to tell us about it...thank goodness that this has a happy ending! :)

Another thing...I was not able to make the 10 of cups look like your handsome husband...so sorry...
I had the hardest time finding the right bears for the positions in that card! :bugeyed:
...so I finally settled on Polar bears...and they don't have dark hair like your honey! I could
have put dark hair on him, but no one would understand what was going on Plus the back
of his head was facing us...Sorry sis!

He (your honey) may yet appear in another card...I am keeping that in mind.

Check in when you can Sis...

:* and a Bear Hug and hope Thunder recovers totally and quickly! :)
HUGS
Lyn

Hi Sis! :*

i am sorry i have been a bit AWOL, but there have been a few challenges on this end...
Thunder got his belly slashed in a cat fight and had to have surgery--stitches and a drain tube inserted....i have had to keep a close eye on him...

Just jumping on AT and off again...

He is doing fine, thank goodness!

i just caught up on your latest fabulous Bear cards, and <Oh My>you are doing such a grand job, my sis!!! :love:

i love them all! :thumbsup:

Although, i have to admit to agreeing with Chiska regarding the Polar Bears in the 10 of Cups. i would love to see a snowy/icy environment for them, if at all possible. that would be Bliss for them...:heart: But i still adore the card, even if it remains as it is...:D

But still, you did a STELLAR job in every other way with the 10 of Cups...:love:

Oh, and i ADORE the 'lil critter on the bottom of the 8 of Wands! So cute and creative!

Hugs and Blessings,
MG xxx

tarotlyn

Re-posting the 10 of cups...WITH SNOW!!! yay!!!

:heart::) Hi! Everyone!

1. Here is the corrected 10 of cups...

2. AND my latest finished card, the 9 of coins:

NOTE: In case you are wondering, the necklace is amber with an amber heart with the
Symbol for 'Venus' on it. (This symbol is on the person's robe in the RW card)...but I didn't
make a robe, so that this card is not just female...I think it could represent both sexes this way.
Is this bear a little gaudy? maybe with the frills, etc... but this bear is enjoying leisure time,
hobbies, and status in life because of planning finances well :p Ha Ha...much like myself!
...maybe she/he made that necklace at her/his jewelry class! LOL :laugh:

I had to add the hat (like the RW card)...and I used a fluffly Sun Bear for this card...I think it is adorable!
I really LOVE Sun Bears!!! Their faces and chests are so colorful!...and yes, that is the
original chest on this bear!

Hope you all like both cards!

:heart: tarotlyn

Attachments

• CUPS.10.SNOW.jpg
    CUPS.10.SNOW.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 81
  • COINS.9.finished.jpg
    COINS.9.finished.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 75

Alta

The snow adds greatly to your 10 of cups. The bears look happy about the snow and it makes the atmosphere of image. I like the 9 of pents as well, though wow, there must have been a lot (!!!) to do to pull all of those elements together. whew!!! yay you!

GryffinSong

They're both wonderful, and yes, the snow adds a lot to the 10! :heart:

MoonGypsy

Oh i just ADORE the 10 of Cups, now!!!! They look ecstatic! The snow, etc. made all the difference! :D

And...how cute is that 9 of Coins!!!!????ADORABLE! i love that "she" is wearing an "Amber" necklace!...;):p i am wondering if the Venus symbol could be a little smaller, though? What do you think?

Chiska

I :heart: love :heart: the new 10 Cups!! There is an element of hope there - or maybe what I am feeling is that as a 10, this is the realization of all that has come before and while there may have been hard times, now the snow is coming and all will be right once more. :)

That Malaysian Sun Bear in the 9 Cups looks so cute!

Miss Divine

Your cards are just getting better and better!! This is becoming such a charming deck!! Love love love this... :heart:

Quester

The new Ten Of Cups really does tell a story!! I can feel their joy at feeling the snow!!