I'm making a 'new' 'bear' tarot deck...

tarotlyn

:heart: Hi! Everyone!

I had to do some 'Spring cleaning' today...deep cleaning, etc. :bugeyed: all clean again now! :)
So I will start another card as soon as I reply to all of your posts...

The snow adds greatly to your 10 of cups. The bears look happy about the snow and it makes the atmosphere of image. I like the 9 of pents as well, though wow, there must have been a lot (!!!) to do to pull all of those elements together. whew!!! yay you!
:heart: I am so glad you like the 10 of cups now. And yes, I am getting in deeper and deeper! LOL :laugh:
I just start thinking how certain elements would work and look together...sometimes I put in
some things and then take them right back out if it doesn't make me feel right! I really do try
to capture the moods of the corresponding RW cards. It isn't always perfect, but I try to come as close as I can.

Thank you, Alta, I always appreciate your encouraging words, and even those words that
tell me to look again...and then that maybe I need to fix something. That is much appreciated!

They're both wonderful, and yes, the snow adds a lot to the 10! :heart:
:heart: I am so glad you like both the 9 of coins and the 10 of cups...and I agree that the
snow does add so much more to the Polar bears' happiness. I just love this card now!

Oh i just ADORE the 10 of Cups, now!!!! They look ecstatic! The snow, etc. made all the difference! :D

And...how cute is that 9 of Coins!!!!????ADORABLE! i love that "she" is wearing an "Amber" necklace!...;):p i am wondering if the Venus symbol could be a little smaller, though? What do you think?

:heart: Thanks sis! I just had to put the Amber necklace on her! (it was to replace the robe with the Venus symbol)

Now about that Venus symbol...you said a little smaller...but did you mean just the symbol
and not the Amber heart smaller?...or did you mean BOTH smaller?

Anyway, sis, I have done up 'two' versions for you to check out and let me know which
one you like best?
(see them at the bottom of this post, hon)

:arrow: I will consider that card NOT finished until I hear from my precious :heart: Amber sis!

I :heart: love :heart: the new 10 Cups!! There is an element of hope there - or maybe what I am feeling is that as a 10, this is the realization of all that has come before and while there may have been hard times, now the snow is coming and all will be right once more.

That Malaysian Sun Bear in the 9 Cups looks so cute!
:heart: Chiska, because of YOU, the 10 of Cups is PERFECT now!!! ...snow and all!
You can feel the joy of that card now...thank you, Chiska!

I need to use more types of bears, but I seem to be gravitating to the bears that are standing or sitting...and most of those are either Polar, Black, Brown Grizzlys, and a few Sun bears.

Pandas are so HUGE and fluffly that they mostly have just one look...LARGE and take up
so much of the card. I think I will be very lucky if I make it though the rest of this deck with
just bears 'in the right poses' that I need for the particular card...regardless of what type
of bear it is. Of course, now that I have learned how to 'dissect' limbs, faces, ears, legs, arms, feet, hands, and claws...LOL...I should be able to incorporate- more types into the
rest of the deck.

Your cards are just getting better and better!! This is becoming such a charming deck!! Love love love this... :heart:
:heart: Thank you, Miss Divine! How sweet you are. I think that my skills are getting so
much better than when I first started this deck. BUT...when I looks back, I see things that I might change if I have enough time at the end :bugeyed:

The new Ten Of Cups really does tell a story!! I can feel their joy at feeling the snow!!
:heart: Quester, I am so happy you like the 10 of Cups and can see a story in the card...that means
that I am doing something right. Of course, this deck may not be that appealing to all members
because everyone has their own taste. Some people don't even like animal decks, etc.
But it doesn't matter, because my main reason for doing this is for a gift of Gladys next door.
She has been perfect neighbor and just a wonderful person. It did take me about 7 years
to get her to open up to me though. It happened when one of her dogs was really old and hurting with arthritis,
and I gave her some MSM to put in her water. Boy, did that help Annie (her sweet dog) and
it made Gladys my friend for life! She is in the legal field (and taking the lawyer's bar exam soon)
and she is writing up my will so I can leave everything I have to the American Indians that
come here every year in June (at the end of their annual 500 mile run) and hold a huge pow wow
here at Gladys's house with a GIANT real Indian drum with 10 to 12 drummers sitting around
it and chanting and singing all night...it is glorious...and it is VERY HEALING...I go every year
and I volunteer my cooking services. This group of Indian people take in kids (and adults too)
right off the street that have drinking and drug problems and they give them a place to
live and keep them for 2 to 4 years. They rehabilitate them and it is wonderful to see the
progress they have made when they make it back this way during that June pow wow.
That is why I am leaving my paid off house and Nissan truck, and all that I own, which is a LOT
to them to help their cause. They are they most loving, giving, caring people I have ever met in my whole life!

Sorry, I got off topic...anyway, it was about Gladys and why I am making this deck for her...
she will show it next June to everyone at the big pow wow. One of their head members
is talking the possibility of me teaching computer graphic arts to these wayward kids & adults...maybe I might do it...
...not sure yet, because I would have to travel to them, quite a ways and I have 3 little
dogs to think about!

THANKS EVERYONE for commenting on this deck and my work! It really helps me :)

:heart: GIANT BEAR HUGS for EVERYONE!
tarotlyn

PHOTO #1: 9 of Coins (with smaller Venus 'symbol'...Amber heart is same size)
PHOTO #2: 9 of Coins (with BOTH smaller Venus symbol and smaller Amber heart)

Which one, MoonGypsy, my sis? Let me know...

Attachments

• COINS.9.smaller.venus.symbol.jpg
    COINS.9.smaller.venus.symbol.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 78
  • COINS.9.smaller.heart.and.venus.symbol.jpg
    COINS.9.smaller.heart.and.venus.symbol.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 91

tarotlyn

:bugeyed:...and now I have a situation!!! YIKES!!!

Gladys (just got off the phone with me)...and she keeps asking me if she can come over here
so I can show her more of how to use the graphic software I use (she bought it too)...and
I told her she could come over BUT I will not let her see the bear deck until xmas...
and she said "Oh, shoot...how about just one little peek?"... she is really bugging me to see it.

So, I told her that I MIGHT let her see ONE card and ONE card ONLY...and that seemed to
satisfy her...

So my situation is: WHICH one should I let her see???

I will leave it up to all of you to tell me which one do you think she would like the most?

Maybe we can take a vote to see which ONE of the '27' finished cards to show her?

What do you all think? Can you help me out with this situation?

You can go back through all the four pages in this thread to see the 27 cards...and let me know?

I am hoping :heart you all can help out...just post and say which one to show her.

I would be most grateful, because I have no idea which one would keep her quiet until xmas! :bugeyed:

:heart:tarotlyn

GryffinSong

...PHOTO #1: 9 of Coins (with smaller Venus 'symbol'...Amber heart is same size)
PHOTO #2: 9 of Coins (with BOTH smaller Venus symbol and smaller Amber heart)

Which one, MoonGypsy, my sis? Let me know...

I'm not MG, but I prefer the smaller heart.

MoonGypsy

Oh dear...:love: i will look through the thread and try and find just one card...

In regards to the Amber heart and Venus symbol on the 9 of Coins, i think i like the smaller heart better...:love:

Try not to stress, sweetie! You are doing a stellar job! Gladys should be pleased with any of the cards you show her.:thumbsup:

i wish i were there to give you a big MoonGypsy hug and make you a nice hot soothing cuppa...:*

Hugs and Blessings,
MG xxx

ETA: It is difficult...Maybe the 8 of Coins might give her a little peek...Or the 10 of Cups?

GryffinSong

Have you printed these cards out yet? If so, spread them out, wrong side up, and let her choose one to look at. If not, have her pick a number from 1 to 27. Then show her whichever card is the nth one that you made.

In other words, let the deck/chance/universe make the choice. ;)

tarotlyn

:heart: GryffinSong, looks like MoonGypsy posted the SAME thing within minutes of you: The SMALLER Amber heart version!!!
So, that will be the 'finished' card for the 9 of coins...YAY!!! I like it better too! :party:
I'm not MG, but I prefer the smaller heart.

:heart: Wow...I need that cuppa tonight too! I will just 'imagine' it, my sis! :):thumbsup:

Looks like you and GriffinSong are on the same wave length regarding the smaller Amber heart.

So be it, my dears!:heart:

The 9 of coins is in honor of :heart:MoonGypsy...(Amber)

...and thanks again sis, for mine: I just love my Amber, etc. jewelry! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!
I DO wear all of the beautiful pieces...and often! :heart: People comment wherever I go!!! :thumbsup:

I am very excited here... waiting to hear exactly 'which' card to show Gladys...

Thanks, my :* sis, for making the 9 of coins PERFECT! YES!!! :party:
tarotlyn
Oh dear...:love: i will look through the thread and try and find just one card...

In regards to the Amber heart and Venus symbol on the 9 of Coins, i think i like the smaller heart better...:love:

Try not to stress, sweetie! You are doing a stellar job! Gladys should be pleased with any of the cards you show her.:thumbsup:

i wish i were there to give you a big MoonGypsy hug and make you a nice hot soothing cuppa...:*

Hugs and Blessings,
MG xxx

ETA: It is difficult...Maybe the 8 of Coins might give her a little peek...Or the 10 of Cups?

tarotlyn

:laugh: ha ha...check this out:
(thanks to Chiska sending me some new bear search names, I came across this cute video...LOL :laugh:

check it out here: http://gallery.usgs.gov/videos/15 (click on the white arrow in the center to play it)

Thanks! Chiska!

Miss Divine

:bugeyed:...and now I have a situation!!! YIKES!!!

So my situation is: WHICH one should I let her see?

All your cards a very lovely but...
I'd show her the 10 of cups!:)

tarotlyn

:party: YAY!!! The first vote is in!!! to show Gladys 'The 10 of Cups' card!

All your cards a very lovely but...
I'd show her the 10 of cups!:)
:):heart: I was kind of thinking that might be a good one to show her...
but just wanted to see what everyone else thought first...

:heart: Miss Divine! Thank you for your vote!
HUGS
tarotlyn

MoonGypsy

:party: YAY!!! The first vote is in!!! to show Gladys 'The 10 of Cups' card!

:):heart: I was kind of thinking that might be a good one to show her...
but just wanted to see what everyone else thought first...

:heart: Miss Divine! Thank you for your vote!
HUGS
tarotlyn

Sweetie, you missed my ETA vote in my earlier post. :p i voted for either the 8 of Pentacles or 10 of Cups...:love:
but i would like to also narrow it down to the 10 of Cups! Love that card! :D