I'm making a 'new' 'bear' tarot deck...

tarotlyn

UPDATE...Printed out 1st card...

:heart::) I just printed out the fool...

results:
Just printed it out on a plain sheet of paper...and it is sooo adorable (8 x 11) :):thumbsup:

...HOWEVER...I see a slight 1 day snag :eek:

FIRST THING:
Looking at it printed out, I now realize that the copyright heart on the right bottom has to be moved
up higher because it is unbalance the card border once the CORNERS ARE ROUNDED :eek: LOL :laugh:

...don't know why I didn't see that problem before I re-saved and re-sized 10 times!!! :bugeyed:

...there is another day gone...to REDO the copyright heart...and oh yeah I DO have to have it on there...
otherwise these will be sold on ebay by everyone! YIKES!!!

I have just rigged up the heart and found a way to put it over the top of the border and
it works beautifully!!! BUT I need to re-save and re-size one more time!!! YIKES!!!

SECOND:
I just used INFRANVIEW (great free photo editing program) and ran a 'slideshow' of all the
cards and I could really see what needs changing)
So...I wrote down each card that needs more help! I also have noted that I should IMPROVE
my font more...(on all 78 cards) :bugeyed:

...so off I go to keep working on these... I think the time WILL come right down to the wire!!!
Looks more like the 23rd than ever now! :bugeyed:

:heart: tarotlyn

Debra

It would be a wonderful New Year's gift ;)

tarotlyn

:heart::) Debra, I think I can get it done for Gladys by the 23rd, because I just solved the typesetting problem...
I just took a blank border frame, added a new copyright heart and am able to slip it over the
top of my already saved images...so no resizing, and that means no resizing of the text that
seems to distort it somehow :bugeyed:...

...I am right now doing this and also doing my few last edits as I go, so I don't have to go back and edit again.

Note to anyone that is making their own deck:

1. FIRST...make sure you know what size your 'finished' photo will end up because you may
not be able to enlarge it much or it could distort all your work. And if you use a pro printer,
they may want your finished photos in a GIANT size, such as 825 x 1125 pixels.
It may be better to start out with that size. They also want your photos in a .png format (not jpeg)
and any printed instructions have to be in a .pdf format.

2. SECOND...make sure the font looks perfect to you before starting your deck.
(style, size, etc.) it is not fun to change all that at the end :bugeyed:

3. Before trial printing out yourself, I also suggest that you use a photo software and 'slideshow' all of
your finished cards, to see any other editing that needs doing.

4. I suggest, strongly, you check out your pro printer's requirements for your cards BEFORE you make them! :bugeyed:
It will have you a ton of time and frustration!

... I am getting much closer to printing out the 'whole' deck...YAY!!! :party:
...and by New Years I should have the deck online with the pro gamer printer...and maybe
on my new beartarot.com website.
...so back to work and to my 'extreme perfectionism!!!'...YIKES!!!

tarotlyn

:heart::) YAY...things are looking up...all finished editing the text titles and they look good!

I finally figured out a way to center the text and it is all consistent now!

Looks like a possible printing out of the deck tomorrow...

I am going to stay up long enough tonight to upload ALL the cards into my printing software! :party:

So, thus far, all problems for Gladys's copy solved and fixed... :):thumbsup:

...this certainly has been a learning experience! Have any of you ever made your own deck
and then published it yourself? Just wondering if your experiences are similar to mine? :bugeyed:

...talk soon...

tarotlyn

I am COMPLETLEY DONE with the editing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:heart::):party::party::party: done done done with the editing and it is WOW...

I can't tell you enough how great these are looking now...:bugeyed:

I uploaded them all into my printing software and they are really as PERFECT as I can get them! YES!!!

No more editing that I can see on the computer...TOMORROW I print them out!!!

...Boy did I learn a LOT :bugeyed: and I have all the bugs worked out of the deck now...

They are actually much more clear because I went back and 'color tweaked' every single card!!!
I am so pleased with them now!
...they look good...and I am very very very happy with them...I have scanned them over
within my printing software and there is nothing left to do except PRINT THEM OUT TOMORROW...:party:

Okay...this card is me waiting for my ship to come in (that is the deck to be finished!):
(note: you can see the new text font I put on all the cards and the color tweaking, along
with a new copyright heart, and a new border!)

Attachments

• WANDS.3.jpg
    WANDS.3.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 61

Debra

Makes me smile. Yay for you!

Lyn, I know what time zone you're in--don't you ever sleep? :bugeyed:

tarotlyn

:heart::) Debra, sometimes I only get about 4 to 5 hrs sleep...sleeping has been a problem
ever since my Michael passed...I just can't sleep. But I have always liked staying up until about
12 am to read books, and do tarot readings.

My little dogs sleep a lot during the day and then get up and down all night! :bugeyed:
...so that doesn't help...and my oldest dog has been very sick lately and that has taken a lot
of sleep time.

Plus...this deck has driven me to complete it, so that even when I did go to sleep I was
dreaming and creating it.

I take Melatonin almost every night and it still takes about 2 to 3 hrs to work on me! :bugeyed:

I have tried tea, etc. and I really don't want to take any meds like prescriptions, etc.

I am getting ready for bed now...and if I can't get to sleep, I will have a pen and paper so
I can start writing up the meanings for my LWB for the deck... LOL

...going to bed now...see you tomorrow...
:heart: HUGS
tarotlyn

MoonGypsy

Oh Lyn! i am sooooo happy for you! [and us!!!] :D The 3 of Wands you posted is fabulous....it looks 3 dimensional to me! :thumbsup: i am getting more and more excited, and i know you MUST be flying! i will cherish this deck always!:love:
Happy and Grateful Hugs and Many Continued Blessings,
Your sister beyond forever,
MG xxx

GryffinSong

The 3 is gorgeous!!!! It's been such a privilege to watch your process, and to see these bears come to life. :heart: Gladys is very, very lucky. :heart:

MoonGypsy

The 3 is gorgeous!!!! It's been such a privilege to watch your process, and to see these bears come to life. :heart: Gladys is very, very lucky. :heart:

Yes, as our dear GryffinSong so beautifully stated:

It HAS been such a *privilege* to watch this from it's conception...through all the labor pains, and pretty soon the actually print birthing..."i see the head, i see the head"....:party: