I'm making a 'new' 'bear' tarot deck...

Quester

I totally agree!! This is a very very special deck. The energy and love you put in this deck can be felt! :heart:

tarotlyn

Oh Lyn! i am sooooo happy for you! [and us!!!] :D The 3 of Wands you posted is fabulous....it looks 3 dimensional to me! :thumbsup: i am getting more and more excited, and i know you MUST be flying! i will cherish this deck always!:love:
Happy and Grateful Hugs and Many Continued Blessings,
Your sister beyond forever,
MG xxx
:heart: Thank you my sweet sis! I just love that 3 of wands for some reason?
Printing has started! :party:... but I was up all night with Lee Lee Lou...really sick again!
She is old and tired, but her and I are hanging in there! :bugeyed:

So, very little sleep last night, two printers I wasn't happy with the printout of the cards,
and finally settled on one of my Canons and it is doing an okay job but I am sure that a
pro printer could do much better with the job!:)

The backs on my fourth page is printing out right now as I type this post. I must say that
the back Panda/baby photo is PERFECT and is aligning up just right. Oppps...ready for page 5! :party:
(This is the actual printing that will be Gladys's deck) ...so only 9 more pages to go and
lucky me that this printer (out of three!) has new ink cartridges in it...haven't used this
printer in over a year! I remember now, the reason I stopped using it, is that it used to
make so much noise when printing, but now I have it braced up against the wall and it
helps tremendously. The cards are coming out soooo colorful and printing fast as well.

I can laminate, cut, and corner round in about 1 or 2 days. So, I might even have time for
making her a box. However, if not, I can put them in a nice tarot bag for her.
Mind you, this is just a 'temporary' deck until a real printer can do it (I hope they can do it really
better than me! :bugeyed:)
Yes, as our dear GryffinSong so beautifully stated:

It HAS been such a *privilege* to watch this from it's conception...through all the labor pains, and pretty soon the actually print birthing..."i see the head, i see the head"....:party:
:heart: LOL...the baby's head is popping out now! :laugh: Ha ha... on page '6' (with backs perfectly aligned as well! :):thumbsup:

...the baby is on it's way! LOL

I totally agree!! This is a very very special deck. The energy and love you put in this deck can be felt! :heart:
:heart: Quester, I must say it has been a challenge as well! I am now on page 8...yay!!!
over half way there now...only 5 pages to go!

:heart: @everyone:
I just remembered that this printer has a special custom setting that can make it more vivid,
if I remember right. The cards are only going to be as good as your printer prints!!! :bugeyed:
I have a great Epson printer, but I need to get more ink because the ink in it has turned
wonky for some reason :bugeyed: ... so the Canon will have to do for this printout.

This deck is almost printed BUT JUST RAN OUT OF INK...need to go to get some right now...hope they have it?

...be back soon...
:heart: tarotlyn

MoonGypsy

Wow, sis, what a "cliff hanger"!!! :eek: Did they have it?

tarotlyn

:heart::) Sis, I am back now and have just installed the new ink cartridge...and it is printing
again!!! YAY!!! :party:...
,,,however...I should not be allowed to enter a 'store' (LOL) because I spent around $180 while I was gone! YIKES!!!
The ink cartridges were $29 x 2 (don't want to run out again!) and then I stopped off at
the grocery store...there is no end to the spending!:eek:

Anyway, I could not find any ink for my Epson, so I will continue on with the Canon and buy
some online later on.

These cards are so cute printed up. I am almost done printing out the whole deck for the first time!
I have had a lot of experience with printing out tarot decks in the past few years, so this is
a piece of cake for me...:thumbsup: as well as the laminating, cutting, and corner rounding...
I love it all! So it should be fun for the next couple of days.

The only place I have to go is to a friends for xmas eve dinner on the evening of the 24th.
So, even if I give Gladys her deck on Christmas day, it will be okay but I am sure to have it
finished by the 22nd I think.

I am trying to figure out WHERE all the time has gone to? YIKES...:laugh:

Come hell or high water, this little Bear deck is going to be under Gladys's tree come Christmas morning! :bugeyed: :laugh:

OMG!!! I can't believe I created this deck :bugeyed: it is SOOOO cute when printed up!
Everything is matching and I am very very happy with the way it looks...I think I can read
with this one myself! LOL

...only TWO more pages to go to be finished with this first printout!

...tomorrow I laminate!!! :party: YES!!!

can you tell I am excited? :laugh:

Debra

Oh for cryin' out loud, Lyn, give us a lil' photo of a page coming off your printer :laugh:

tarotlyn

:heart::) sorry Debra, don't have time to monkey around with the digital camera right now :bugeyed:
...anyway...the deck is already printed out and I have set up my lamination machine...
and then the fun begins tomorrow when I get up! :party:

After I laminate them, and before I cut them, I might, if I have time, snap some pictures
of them still on the sheets so you can see them...and also after they are cut and completely
finished, if I have time, I can take a picture of them spread out as a deck.

:heart: @everyone!
Well, that new ink cartridge ($29) only prints out about 14 pages (that's only 7 fronts and backs)
Granted, my colors are deep on my cards, but I should be able to get more than 14 pages
out of an ink cartridge!!! So the 2nd cartridge I bought won't even complete a whole deck!!!
only about half of a deck...I used to get two decks out of one cartridge...last year! :bugeyed:
If you buy generic cheap ink, it is not strong enough or vivid enough to do tarot cards.
I am through with CANON printers after this!!!

I tell you, Canon is now 'pimping' on their inks!!! YIKES!!! This is the 'long lasting' cartridge
'that is why is was so expensive! They lie! They have now 'shrunk' down the amount of ink
in each of their cartridges! I am definitely going to have to have a printer do this because
this will get way too expensive.

Have you noticed in the grocery store...a roll of paper towels is smaller, same with toilet paper
and other stuff has shrunk, even a pound of bacon in some brands is now 'shorter' in length, etc.
however costs MORE now???!!! YIKES...

Oh, I just found another new and unopened Epson ink cartridge for my Epson printer...
but it is pretty old, so I don't know if it would work...but I don't need to print out anymore
cards right now...just happy I was able to finish my main printing job.

tarotlyn

:heart: woops...just couldn't resist it...the bears are ALL LAMINATED!!! yay!!! My favorite part!

I love doing that so much! I am still amazed how fast it is to laminate a whole deck!!!
(less than 10 minutes)...all done...so tomorrow cutting and corner rounding, and then some
quick but good meanings to add in with the deck for her, and if time allows, a tarot box!

...so, Debra, as soon as the deck is ready, I will take some images for you before giving it to her.

I feel bad that you all are not having the fun I am having over here right now...LOL
...but am still a little upset at how fast the ink ran out :bugeyed:

So, I will definitely follow through and get set up with that online gamer printer (thanks MoonGypsy, sis for the link)
so that all of you that want to order the deck, can do so. Further reading on their procedure
indicates that I can set up discounts for my friends if I want to...but don't forget they are
asking for 70% profit, so I don't know yet their charges! I hope they don't charge me more
because my cards are so colorful :bugeyed: I will keep you all posted as to what I am doing
with the printer. Looks like Debra might be right...New Year's...:laugh: I'm trying to hurry for all of you! :heart:

tarotlyn

...:bugeyed:...can't sleep, so working on the meanings for the LWB...

firefrost

Blimey Lyn, you're like a whirlwind. I'm just sat here reading and you're making me dizzy!