I'm making a 'new' 'bear' tarot deck...

tarotlyn

:heart::) Thank you, sis! Gladys has started reading this thread, and I am positive that she
will be as touched by your last post as i am :):thumbsup: I spoke to her today briefly on the phone
and she is enjoying reading all our posts and she thinks you are all amazing people! :heart:

:heart: HUGS
tarotlyn

tarotlyn

:heart::)I hope you all had a very nice CHRISTMAS!
:arrow: Update...last night I started to get the photos ready for the online printer that
MoonGypsy, my dear sis, told me about. I think it is the only one online where you don't have
to pay them up front. I believe it is a print and pay on demand.

But, it will take a few days (possibly) to get the cards uploaded to their site, and then there is
a web site to write up for them, I suspect.

A regret I am having is that I didn't go and get their 'sizing' template 'before' I started this deck.
MoonGypsy sent me the link, and I briefly checked it out and decided that I would use their
services when the deck was finished...but I did not read their site thoroughly enough to see
that I would need to create the cards in a certain size...so we will see...I will give it a try
and get a first copy myself, to see if it will be in a sellable state...I really believe it will be...

I am now on the gamers site and reading a lot of their forum posts from their customers,
and I see a few little glitches to be aware of. Like, when a person gets a tarot deck or any
deck from them, it will probably not be in numerical order :bugeyed: So you would have to count
all the cards and make sure they are there. Also, make sure all the back photos are printed as well :bugeyed:
I will keep posting updates as I go.

tarotlyn

Chiska

Finally getting caught up after the holidays!

The pictures of Gladys opening her gift are great! Thank you so much for sharing. That kitchen, by the way, caused me to have feelings of envy! :D My kitchen is still in progress...meaning I have particle board counter tops that are covered with flocked plastic table clothes held in place with duct tape.

tarotlyn

:heart::) Hang in there, Chiska, because it will be so worth it when your kitchen is completed :)

Gladys probably went through the 'duct tape stage' as well, but now her kitchen is really really nice.
She has all new stainless steel appliances, etc. She and her husband just did a lot of remodeling
on their home and it turned out amazing. I just love her new carpeting as well, it has a very
plush pile and feels like you are walking on a cloud :)

tarotlyn

Chiska

:heart::) Hang in there, Chiska, because it will be so worth it when your kitchen is completed :)

Gladys probably went through the 'duct tape stage' as well, but now her kitchen is really really nice.
She has all new stainless steel appliances, etc. She and her husband just did a lot of remodeling
on their home and it turned out amazing. I just love her new carpeting as well, it has a very
plush pile and feels like you are walking on a cloud :)

tarotlyn

I will let your optimism guide me through another 6 years of having a duct tape and table cloth kitchen! :laugh:

Yes, 6 years already!! :bugeyed:

tarotlyn

:heart::) What??? Chiska :bugeyed: ...six years? How can that be? Your husband must be a carpenter! LOL
...bakers have no bread at home, shoemakers...their kids need shoes, and carpenters have no cupboards at home! :laugh:

...what happened in your case, Chiska, if you don't mind me asking?

:heart: Special Hugs for all those 6 years!
taroltyn

tarotlyn

:heart::) Here's a little update on the deck:

I have been playing around with the re-sizing for the online gamer printer, as I posted before.

When I enlarge an image, then I can see even a few more 'flaws' that could use a little fixing! LOL :laugh: ...there is no end! Ha Ha

It only takes a second to fix an image at this point though, so no biggy there.

What I did today, was to enlarge and fix (edit any flaws showing in the larger size) and then
rather than resize ALL 80 cards, I decided to do just one perfectly (the Fool card) and to
email it to the gamer printer and see what they think. Hopefully they will tell me how the card
would turn out as a final print by them... you know, will it be clear, etc?

So, as soon as I get a reply, I will post their response. We will see, and I hope they do respond.
I just have to wait now.

If I find that it is really going to be a problem for them, I might have to reconsider just
printing out the decks myself...at my own pace of course...one at a time! LOL...

I would need to get more ink (epson ink is cheaper and goes further for a deck)...and I would
have to buy more lamination rolls...I am totally out now! :bugeyed: At least that way, you
members that really want a deck would get one. And...the deck that I printed out for Gladys came out beautifully and looks very professional, I think, for a homemade deck.
If I end up printing them out myself, believe me, it will be a VERY limited deck! :laugh:
If I print out 12 decks (my order list right now) that would be almost 1,000 cards self-published by me! YIKES!!!
Can you imagine, hand cutting, laminating, corner rounding, approx. 1,000 cards, etc ? :bugeyed:

...hopefully I am jumping the gun here, and I WILL hear back from the gamer printer soon!

...well got to go, I have a cord of wood being delivered in about 6 minutes! YIKES!!!
...That is a LOT of stacking!!!

:heart: tarotlyn

Chiska

:heart::) What??? Chiska :bugeyed: ...six years? How can that be? Your husband must be a carpenter! LOL
...bakers have no bread at home, shoemakers...their kids need shoes, and carpenters have no cupboards at home! :laugh:

...what happened in your case, Chiska, if you don't mind me asking?

:heart: Special Hugs for all those 6 years!
taroltyn

Yes! Hubby does carpentry work and so does our good friend. I have new (6 years old now) cabinets, but no countertops!

Part of the problem is money, of course! As soon as we can afford it, we will put a cheap laminate on it until we can afford "real" countertops.

tarotlyn

:heart::) Chiska, I think you are lucky to have a husband that is creative and I am sure that
when he can, he will put in a wonderful counter top for you :) Lucky girl!

:heart: tarotlyn

cardlady22

I hope the game printer works for you, honey! I hate to think of you straining your hands & wrists too much.