exerpts taken from the diary of a broken soul

Keavy McGee

Dear Ash,
I just literally 'fell' into this thread this Thanksgiving morning, I have no idea why or how I got here, but I have been utterly captivated by your images. My first glimpse of your work was the 5 of Swords and the heart-breaking story of the two brothers. Now I have read the entire thread and added your deck to my Wish List. You are wondrously talented, but more than that, I see with every post that you respect and trust your talent, and to that I bow my head. Thank you for sharing your gifts with us so generously. Your work has really moved me today.
Much Love,
Keavy

Dr Benway

turning into ashs=fire=ouch!.

sacredashes

The Star

**lil' pixie**truelighth** weep no more.. for demons and angels to know our plight, Death must touch their hearts first that they may know our pain.

*Sidhe-Ra** always an honor... but you already know that by now... :)

**Keavy**

Whatever it was that brought you here, know that you are always welcome.

The invitation stands to those who wish to tread this path with me...

Come meet my angels and my demons and together we will explore this land of dreams and nightmares. At the end of the journey, perhaps we will know ourselves through the reflection of a mirror that flatters not.

Yet it is through the acceptance of our flaws; we may see that true beauty lies beneath the glamour of our illusionary masks and perhaps then, we will need the masks no more. :)

**Dr Benway**
:D fire=ouch=scorpio moon=semi (on good days)-homicidal maniac... **sigh**

Have you all missed me while I went a-huntin' for The Star? :)

Removed on 24.02.2008

thorhammer

sacredashes said:
Have you all missed me while I went a-huntin' for The Star? :)
Yes! *pouts* Had withdrawals. :D So glad you've come back to your followers! (((((((Ash))))))) Don't leave us all like that again!

I really like your sideways take on the Star . . . I just got up and my brain's a bit fuzzy, so I'll have to think about it more . . . but truly, it's resonated with me quite deeply, when the Star doesn't usually. Always a pretty card, but never got it, you know? This one might just be different, and merits some serious reflection. Thank you so very much.

\m/ Kat

sacredashes

**Mjolnir**

The first to arrive :) I looked back and realized that I had left you out in my earlier greetings.. how rude of me..

I too, have just woken up and am a little fuzzy :laugh: I am glad the lady snake reached out to you, she is quite shy.. like most serpents. Just misunderstood, you know? ;)

Ash

sacredashes

3 of Wands

Removed on 24.02.2008

thorhammer

Hmmmm. . . much to ponder upon there, Ash. So Samir is the one remaining on the ground and Malaikat is flying off? Is Nasingan the female entity, unseen somewhere in the forest below? Is this story limited to this card only, or does it continue throughout the deck? I'm having a connection to the Moon at the moment, and when I saw that gorgeous moon on this card, I fell in love with your deck all over again. And I have athing for trees, and your forest at the bottom of the hill is full of my favourites - all gnarled and dark. :) Thanks for sharing, once again.

On a side note, I got the MerryDay deck yesterday, and almost fell over when I saw the King of Wands - it was almost like reverse de ja vu, as I anticipate some of your charcters to look like him (just not coloured).

As always, beautiful work. I'm so glad we can follow your journey. And don't worry about ^^ . . . you're busy, I know. :heart:

\m/ Kat

sacredashes

**Kat**

I was roaming around China for more than a week... my body is back but I'm mentally still walking the earth over there. ;)

You're catching on with the plot well...

In the Ace of Wands, Nasingan went looking for light and she found it at the edge of a cliff, on a tree burning to the ground. But the tree was heavy and the cliff was already breaking under the weight.

That's when she saw it.. a falling star streaking across the night sky.

here : http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=24653

**PPPppppsssssttttt, between you and me though, it wasn't a falling star. It was that reckless, Nahoda (The Charioteer). His serpents were fighting and Radja (the masculine aspect) spat fire all over his ship so it came crashing to the ground but Nasingan didn't know that, of course.

here : http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=19285

Searching for light in this dark, desolate land, Nasingan set out to look for the star that came from the sky. But she got lost in the woods (2 of Wands)...

here : http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=17483

And in 3 of Wands.... *Samiri, well, he's got his own problems but he'll help her out and take her to the edge of Jahanam so she can go looking for the star in the 4 of Wands..

here : http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=22627

But when he got there, she wouldn't cross the bridge coz she took one look at *Malaikat on the other end and freaked. If that's not bad enough, she made *Samiri burn the bridge so she can't cross it.

In search of Nirwana yet unable to move on.. very much like The Charioteer, Nahoda. Sometimes the challenges are not of our own making, other times, they are...

I'm looking for the shadows inside so I can stop blaming external circumstances for what I have created with my own hands. Like Khalil Gibran once said, if we all shared our problems, we'd laugh at each other for the lack of originality.

Shadows aren't frightening... facing inner truths about ourselves can be though..

**Kat, it is an honor that you're listening to my story... I'd like to thank you for that :)**

thorhammer

sacredashes said:
**Kat, it is an honor that you're listening to my story... I'd like to thank you for that :)**
The honour is entirely mutual, Ash. I feel the energy of your images, in their danger and cruelty and fragility. I wouldn't miss this for the world. :heart:

\m/ Kat

huredriel

Ash, I am so blown away by your art & story weaving ....... I just love that Ace of Wands ........ she looks like she wants to take flight herself!