exerpts taken from the diary of a broken soul

Durant Hapke

on it...

So "on it" Ash,

Beauty -- this pop up head is a rocking masterpiece.

You ever hear that song "Jesus built my hot rod" by Ministry?

It rules, and I trust that would make a grand soundtrack for this Knight's nights on the "battle field."

I'm going to have to dig out that classic, crank the stereo to pain, pour a cold one, light a camel, and have my way with this image.

Take it rough, and feel the art.

I'm feeling mad cap power action on the horizon.

Durant "Yeah baby, love is a battle field" Hapke

goddessof1967

Wow sacredashes,

I 'fell' into this thread too cause I saw a post by your pal Durant Hapke and was interested in what he had to say, as always, I love his stories. Anyway, enough of him :laugh: . These images are...........devastating........so much detail and thought and emotion and technique etc. etc. etc. They definitely evoked a reaction in me, sometimes scary but unable to look away, especially that Knight of Swords.......grrbrrgrrbrrr (you'll have to imagine that sound. Its a weird one).....

Unfortunately I have missed alot of your cards but have gone back as far as I can to see the ones still up. Amazing! The Star disturbed me a little, with the head coming so far around until I realised she is a snake and can do those fancy moves.

I look forward to more.

Goddess :)

P.S. Your omnipotent Queen of Pents - a masterpiece for sure.

sacredashes

Durant Hapke said:
You ever hear that song "Jesus built my hot rod" by Ministry?

It rules, and I trust that would make a grand soundtrack for this Knight's nights on the "battle field."

Durant "Yeah baby, love is a battle field" Hapke

:bugeyed: Dude, that is one trippy song...

but you are right.. it fits Lytta purrrfect! :laugh:

Little Hare

Your work is amazing!

sacredashes

The Hierophant **Re-done**

**Sidhe-Ra**

I think it was a leap forward for me, completing this drawing of Lytta. The life and energy from the cards now are more powerful because I borrowed the energy from people who have had the grace to teach me what I knew not before.

They are people with so much life and if the drawing captures that essence, it is but a reflection of the real force behind the inspiration.

**Kat**

Would you mind sharing with me what you gathered from the mad Jester, Lytta? I am very curious to know what this card said to you but if you're not comfortable posting it, please feel free to PM me... your last post got me intrigued.. :)

**last but not least, goddessof1967**

I'm glad Lyatta didn't scare you off.. he was a bit of a handful and so bloody hard to finish ;)

Turned to Ashes 01.05.2008

thorhammer

sacredashes said:
**Kat**

Would you mind sharing with me what you gathered from the mad Jester, Lytta? I am very curious to know what this card said to you but if you're not comfortable posting it, please feel free to PM me... your last post got me intrigued.. :)
Lytta made me feel more able to allow the *ugliness* out of me, so that I didn't feel so obliged to pretend to be sweet and nice to avoid hurting or offending others. The strength to resist the temptation to temper one's Self with social acceptability. He is so complex and unknowable, and the rawness of the vision of him strengthened my resolve to be more than the world wants me to be.

Does that stir the pot for you, Ash? :)

Thankyou for the Hierophant :) He's reassuring, in a way. I'm sure that's not what you were aiming for, but, hey, I tend not to give what people ask for ;). Till next time! You're really churning them out for us now, aren't you?

\m/ Kat

sacredashes

Dear Kat

thorhammer said:
Lytta made me feel more able to allow the *ugliness* out of me, so that I didn't feel so obliged to pretend to be sweet and nice to avoid hurting or offending others. The strength to resist the temptation to temper one's Self with social acceptability. He is so complex and unknowable, and the rawness of the vision of him strengthened my resolve to be more than the world wants me to be.

You know, Kat, in another place, under another name; the "ash-world" people come alive and they have conversations with each other.

I'm glad Lytta spoke to you the way he did.

excerpt of a conversation

Lytta : Even in the worst of nightmares, there is an awakening at the end of it. An escape that jolts the dreamer out of a drunken stupor when the madness draws too near.

I found no solace in the depths of my dreams; for in there, lunacy had a life of its own. But in dreams, I learned to embrace the madness because it promised a different kind of liberation. I listened to the echos of my mind and heard truth for the first time.

The ravings of discordance has a melody of its own and it is made up of voices that sing out of tune. Ugliness hides a melancholic beauty that all things beautiful lack while absolute beauty hides the ugliness of perfection.

I thought I tasted sorrow for a while and there was beauty in it I cannot describe but it yielded so much pain, I couldn't bear to stay.

I'm not sure who Lytta was talking to but I thought I'd share this with you; you're right about him being complex :)

thorhammer said:
Thankyou for the Hierophant :) He's reassuring, in a way. I'm sure that's not what you were aiming for, but, hey, I tend not to give what people ask for ;)

It was never my intention to do anything more than strip away pretentions and look truth in the eye with my drawings, for my own reflections; what you gather from it are your own inner truths; not mine. ;)

:heart:
Ash

thorhammer

Thankyou, Ash. Nice to know what Lytta has to say, to whomever he was speaking :heart:

\m/ Kat

sacredashes

Hello lil' pixie,

:) haven't seen you around in awhile. Welcome back and thank you for the compliment.

ash

truelighth

I think the new Hierophant is wonderful. He really radiates an aura of peacefullness to me. Lytta is also great. Scary, but great. I absolutely love your art, Ash... with every card I want to have this deck more and more. I wish I could draw like you do.