The De-Enabling Thread

thorhammer

Thankyou, WolfSpirit, it helps immensely! Ancestral Path, off the list!

\m/ Kat

JonMAblaze

Ahhhhhhh the World Spirit Tarot is so beautiful!!! It speaks so clearly to me!!!

Good luck talking me out of this one.

magpie9

Me, I'm not even gonna try...sounds like you're in love!
But I have to say that it really is not everyone's cup of tea. A lot of people find it's colors too vivid, it's art too primitive.

Master_Margarita

JonMAblaze said:
Ahhhhhhh the World Spirit Tarot is so beautiful!!! It speaks so clearly to me!!!

Huh. Klimt isn't good enough for you? :D

gregory

JonMAblaze said:

There isn't enough detail; and the borders are too big............. Any help ?

Chronata

oh boy...World Spirit (disregarding the fact that it's a favorite of mine...)

Yes...the borders...way too big and dark.

and then there is that guy on the 10 of pentacles...sitting there with the children with NO PANTS on!

Weird really...and the baby on the Sun reminds many people of a former US president...

ok...that's the best I can do.

JonMAblaze

Chronata said:
there is that guy on the 10 of pentacles...sitting there with the children with NO PANTS on!

Weird really...and the baby on the Sun reminds many people of a former US president...
I noticed both of these things, and they did freak me out, but they didn't dissuade me very much. Maybe I'll think about the borders a lot until that bothers me.

Gavriela

Yeah - the 'I am not a crook' president/baby right did me in. Plus the people who made it really didn't know their symbolism.

Look carefully at the Lovers card (and no I don't mean the inter-racial, that's no big). But what it REALLY is saying symbolically with all those bits and bobs scattered around where they are.

Wouldn't like to be the one doing that reading, personally. But maybe it's just me. I do find the deck ugly in the extreme, lots of people don't.

The symbolism is woefully incoherent no matter. So if you know anything about symbolism, it'll drive you batty. If you don't, I suppose you could stay ignorant and read intiuitively only (but then what would you do with that Nixon card?)

magpie9

I understand that that Nixon baby is a portrait of one of the artist's babies.

We will now observe a moment of silence to honor a mother-love so strong that she she not only loves her Nixion-looking child, but immortalized him forever on the "Sun" card.

Let us pray to avoid such a fate.......
And I have no idea why she forgot Uncle Nasty's pants.

SolSionnach

For me, the World Spirit Tarot is a too-colorful rendition of a much better deck, the Light and Shadow... which is too big, and you know, just black and white. Or something like that.

I know that folks like that blue Temperance angel in that deck, but I mean... I've looked at that card over and over and cannot for the life of me figure out that angel's shoulder anatomy. He's just deformed!

Oh, and the pants-free dude. Totally creepy.

And I think it's the queen of cups, with her completely off-center smile.

I traded/sold that deck, and haven't missed it at all.