Chrysalis Tarot - study group proposal and discussion thread

Downdog

I'm very interested in the study group as well!

Sulis

Hi Folks,

It looks as if you're getting ready to start so please take a look at the Tarot Study Groups posting guidelines at the top of this forum or HERE (click).

Please keep threads to one topic / card per thread as that makes things easier to find in the future and let me know by private message when a new thread is started.
You can either work through the cards in order or just do it randomly. I find study groups tend to not fizzle out when cards are just pulled randomly and anyone in the group can start a thread but whatever works best for you is best :).

I've started an index thread for the group here: Chrysalis Tarot study group index thread (click).
I've also added a link to the main Index of Study Groups: Index of study groups.

And please make sure that you put the name of the deck in the thread title.

Let me know if you need help with anything at all :).

Sulis - moderator

Toney

Chrysalis LWB

In accordance with the rules Sulis mentioned in regard to quoting from LWBs, as the Chrysalis author I would like to extend blanket authorization to this AT Study Group to quote the Chrysalis LWB freely.

If you don't yet have a copy of Chrysalis Tarot but would like to obtain our LWB free of charge, US Games makes it available in .pdf format. To download it, just click on the .pdf icon at the bottom of USG's Chrysalis listing:

http://www.usgamesinc.com/Chrysalis-Tarot/

Good luck with your studies! :)

Corvinesque

In case people didn't see, I started a thread for Sorceress/The High Priestess- I drew a card, for what we should start with, and up she came. Please jump in, or feel free to start threads for other cards- we aren't going in any particular order. Please take note of Sulis' post, above, for PMing about new threads so they can be added to the index.

deb13b

I would love to join in. I'm waiting for the deck to arrive but I do have the app on my phone. It's gorgeous :)

BrownBear

I'm new here and a bit confused. is there one thread for the study group? Or several different threads, one for each card?

Sulis

I'm new here and a bit confused. is there one thread for the study group? Or several different threads, one for each card?

Hi BrownBear,

There are separate threads for each card and each thread is posted here in the Tarot Study Groups forum.
There is an index of all the study groups at the top of this forum, here's a link: Index of Study Groups
Here's a link to the Chrysalis Tarot index thread where you can find the threads so far in this group.. Feel free to add to any of those and if you start a thread for a new card (you're very welcome to do that too), just send me a PM so that I can add a link to it to the index thread:
Chrysalis Tarot study group index thread

Mi-Shell

Hi guys! :)
> walks into a dark empty room with lots of stale air<

Well; I received the Chrysalis Tarot as a little present the other day and thought to come here and see, what others think and feel about this deck.

Anybody here to talk?

BrownBear

I'm still using it, but activity has died down.

Barleywine

I took a look at where this seems to be going and find that I probably can't add much to the individual card studies. Interestingly, for me at least, the Chrysalis comes across as a rather seamless, magical creation that is resistant to the sort of analytical deconstruction often applied to more traditional decks. I find it wonderfully intuitive in use, but I go with the inspiration and imagination the images inspire and don't think too deeply about the "source code" (if you will pardon the analogy). As a system it creates a beautiful tapestry of story-telling depth and vigor, even if the various mythologies represented aren't all that familiar. I like it very much, but more in a mystical, suggestive than a literal way; for me it reads more as "oracle" than "tarot."