Do this guy and me share some nasty karma?

Girl Archer

Hi. I hope I am putting this in the right part of the Forum. Mods, please move if this is not right.

I have often noticed that while doing love readings for a friend of mine who asks about the guy she will marry, I often have to try really hard or I end up feeling a strange ache in my head or hands or a feeling of nausea. Completely inexplicable because once I put the cards back in and stop the reading, I feel that feeling or pain melt away. Now I have heard of psychic vampires, so is it possible that some person we don't even know of is sucking my energy? Or is it my friend herself who is having a pretty bad time of it all generally in her life that is being the psychic vampire? Is it her energy shields that are so strong it makes me put extra effort to edge some way in and try read for her? Like trying to Legilimens a really strongly occluded mind? (Harry potter concepts, sorry). She couldn't actually be mean or wish harm on me in any way, she is literally one of the sweetest and gentlest people I know which leads me to conclude: Probably... her future husband and I shared some nasty karma in a past life and that is why the moment our souls connect, I feel this jolt and pain?

Am I making sense here? Please help me understand this, and also share your experiences kindly of how you resolved this kind of a situation. Thank you in advance :)

EmpressArwen

I don't really know anything about karma, shared or otherwise but a feeling I got when reading your post is that your intuition may be telling you that this is not a question she needs to be focused on right now. You said this happens when you are reading about a future guy/marriage. Do you feel that there is something else she needs to focus on first? Does she ever ask anything else? If she does, do you get the same feeling? I think I would hold off on the future love readings for her for a while and ask her if it would be ok to ask about what she should be focusing on right now instead...it is possible that she needs to take care of somethings BEFORE this guy will show up.

Girl Archer

I don't really know anything about karma, shared or otherwise but a feeling I got when reading your post is that your intuition may be telling you that this is not a question she needs to be focused on right now. You said this happens when you are reading about a future guy/marriage. Do you feel that there is something else she needs to focus on first? Does she ever ask anything else? If she does, do you get the same feeling? I think I would hold off on the future love readings for her for a while and ask her if it would be ok to ask about what she should be focusing on right now instead...it is possible that she needs to take care of somethings BEFORE this guy will show up.

Great idea EmpressArwen! Spot on. She only ever asks about him and even then in excruciating detail, like she wants to be able to micro manage every aspect and possibly change what can be distasteful about her future spouse. Bit of a control freak that one, she has not worked in years despite having graduated with good marks from her law class. one bad experience with a corporate firm shook her sensitive soul up and she is so not ready to work again. I keep urging her to work on it, but she is a bull headed lady. an actual Taurean moon too, I think. So you are saying the bad vibes could be all her and nothing related to that guy?

Rosewater

You might be right. There could also be something about this guy that your friend isn't seeing, but you can feel. Something nasty beneath his surface.

Another thought occurred after I re-read your question. You say 'love readings' which sounds like your friend has sought your advice on this topic more than once. Is she perhaps unsure of this guy but can't say why? Is she seeking that same insight over and over again - and so, without meaning to, over-using your skills and draining your energy? If so, this may be why these readings make you feel unwell.

Just a few things to think about. Why not do a reading on this just for yourself?

Hope this helps. :)

EmpressArwen

Great idea EmpressArwen! Spot on. She only ever asks about him and even then in excruciating detail, like she wants to be able to micro manage every aspect and possibly change what can be distasteful about her future spouse. Bit of a control freak that one, she has not worked in years despite having graduated with good marks from her law class. one bad experience with a corporate firm shook her sensitive soul up and she is so not ready to work again. I keep urging her to work on it, but she is a bull headed lady. an actual Taurean moon too, I think. So you are saying the bad vibes could be all her and nothing related to that guy?

I wouldn't say she has bad vibes, just that your intuitions is saying "hey, this girl needs to focus on some stuff here and now. Before the next stage happens, she needs to handle this one." I think alot of people do this. We want to get to that place in the future where we get what we want but in the process ignore the NOW and all of the millions of things we should be doing today. I'm totally guilty of this and it sounds like your friend is too. I think a reading on a completely different focus would do her a ton of good and you won't get that bad vibe from it.

Girl Archer

You might be right. There could also be something about this guy that your friend isn't seeing, but you can feel. Something nasty beneath his surface.

I agree that there could be the faint possibility that I am picking up on some strong but subtle red flag here. Something she is not willing to see or cannot see since she is so involved in the situation but me? I am just an objective reader/observer.

Another thought occurred after I re-read your question. You say 'love readings' which sounds like your friend has sought your advice on this topic more than once.

YES, she has. Actually this would be her first and only relationship but I don't know that that would have any impact. In Indian culture you ideally do not get to date and marry after a few years. Some families are pretty strict against dating, we grow up considering it scandalous and immoral. So, here if you are in a relationship in college, that makes you a "bad girl". I don't subscribe to that nonsense of course. My friend however does. let me tell you... She has been GOOD. at the same time she cannot wait to be with who she is supposed to be with, and hence I suspect she will keep on asking who he is, when/where/how, personality, his family, where he is from, possibly his initials even till she finds out for herself upon FINALLY meeting him :laugh:

Is she seeking that same insight over and over again - and so, without meaning to, over-using your skills and draining your energy? If so, this may be why these readings make you feel unwell.

SHE IS. Definitely asking for insight on the same person and same thing. Maybe that is why I get drained. Wow, you are totally on to something there :grin:

Just a few things to think about. Why not do a reading on this just for yourself?

Hope this helps. :)

A reading just for myself, asking why these readings affect me so? Good idea. May be I will try that. Thanks a ton for your ideas Rosewater :cool:

Girl Archer

I wouldn't say she has bad vibes, just that your intuitions is saying "hey, this girl needs to focus on some stuff here and now. Before the next stage happens, she needs to handle this one." I think alot of people do this. We want to get to that place in the future where we get what we want but in the process ignore the NOW and all of the millions of things we should be doing today. I'm totally guilty of this and it sounds like your friend is too. I think a reading on a completely different focus would do her a ton of good and you won't get that bad vibe from it.

Good point but would that not show up in the cards itself when she asked about him? I have often noted that the cards seem to answer what you are REALLY thinking about/worried about or need to hear than answering my question. Like if I ask a love question when I am actually supposed to be studying for an exam, I get the Page of Pentacles usually accompanied by Hierophant. Has that ever happened to you?

MissNine

Hey so I've gotten this feeling too. The one where it feels the sitters asked you the question 20 times but different ways. In my case, it was about a job over the course of 4 months.

Those pangs of nausea might be your gut telling you it's time to set a boundary with this person to not ask the questions on this guy anymore. You could end up misinterpreting the cards or second guessing yourself.

Girl Archer

Hey so I've gotten this feeling too. The one where it feels the sitters asked you the question 20 times but different ways. In my case, it was about a job over the course of 4 months.

Those pangs of nausea might be your gut telling you it's time to set a boundary with this person to not ask the questions on this guy anymore. You could end up misinterpreting the cards or second guessing yourself.

She is ridiculously sensitive and I don't know how to tell her I cannot do this anymore without making her believe I "saw" something terrible and then she will go into Nine of Swords overdrive about whatever imagined horrible things about her being with him, or about him I "must have seen" and then by Law of Attraction end up manifesting her negative emotions and thoughts.

See my problem? :-/

Girl Archer

Post deleted.