the 42 card spread for World Towel Day

alice_addams

Just got the good news from work that I will have the 25th off, and I can't wait to try this spread! Must pick a towel...I think I will use my Wonderland Tarot, it gives some humorous readings. I also like the idea of using 5 decks for the 5 parts. Multi-deck readings are new to me.

.traveller.

Y'all gonna post your readings aren't you? I'm curious how a reading that uses over half the deck will play out. I'd have to use multiple decks, otherwise my brain would explode (but hey, at least I'd have a towel handy to clean up afterwards).

I think I will use the RED towel. It's well travelled, fairly large, and has magically retained most of it's fluffiness. Afterall, the towel is the most important part of the reading.

thorhammer

I think I shall try to find some time tomorrow to do this spread. Words don't come close to how Adams' work touches me, and I'd like to honour that. But like most of you - what deck?

I wish I had a Major Tom's Marseilles . . . that would be perfect :D

This week's deck is the Vikings - I see a connection with Dirk What-is-face's Detective thingummy and the Long Dark Teatime of the Soul.

Perhaps . . .

\m/ Kat

cardlady22

thorhammer said:
Major Tom's Marseilles . . . that would be perfect :D

Well, brain me with a tire-iron! Inspirational thought. Somebody send a PM to Major Tom to come look at this thread.
ETA: Done!

Sheri

In Honor of World Tarot Day and World Towel Day

I would be pleased to have a thread in Tarot Games & Fun hosting readings done with this spread, if you want to do them together. If wishing to do them individually, Your Readings or Personal Readings with a link back to here would be most appropriate.

Having a thread in Tarot Games & Fun would allow everyone to have fun and be a chatty as they would like about the decks used and towels (!), etc. and the readings could be in one place.

Just thought I would offer :D

:love: Sheri

Sinduction

I've chosen my Vader beach towel for towel day. Not sure of the deck just yet.

gregory

Oh man. You mean the Power Animal has to go PUBLIC ?????

nisaba

Sheri said:
I would be pleased to have a thread in Tarot Games & Fun hosting readings done with this spread, if you want to do them together. If wishing to do them individually, Your Readings or Personal Readings with a link back to here would be most appropriate.

Having a thread in Tarot Games & Fun would allow everyone to have fun and be a chatty as they would like about the decks used and towels (!), etc. and the readings could be in one place.

Just thought I would offer :D

:love: Sheri
Happy Towel Day! That's a lovely thought. Happy Tarot Day, everyone! Of course, us in the Eastern Hemisphere, ten or more hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time and even more than that ahead of Merkin Time, we get to enjoy the Day first. And longest, because when our sun sets, we start to enjoy it on international time, having already done it on local time! <grin>

I have plans to take my towel and a couple of decks out later this morning, do my 42-card reading in public, and maybe read for *people* as well with more normal spreads <grin>.

Then I'm meeting another Tarotista for coffee at a Buddhist cafe, where I will also take my Towel and my deck. Plus I have an assignment to finish that I haven't really started at all.

Busy, busy, busy.

nisaba

gregory said:
Sporks are no good for me - not even for camping. I need SHARP PRONGS. })
(I can't believe I didn't notice this before) GREGOR?Y! take your medication!

nisaba

cardlady22 said:
Well, brain me with a tire-iron! Inspirational thought. Somebody send a PM to Major Tom to come look at this thread.
ETA: Done!
Have you linked it back to the other thread? So he can read about world Towel/Tarot day and the 42 card spread?