Oracle Help, Please

greatdane

I've posted a thread and seen some posts and gotten some very kind and generous emails on oracle choices.

I need a little more direction please. I am looking for an oracle that is very individualistic. Something more about one's own intuition. Less about consulting angel, animal, or other oracles (while I thought so many of them were just lovely and may want to pursue a little down the road, I'm looking for a very basic oracle to try to "tune into").

I saw the Dreaming in Color, like that, Soul Cards (still not sure if I can get into them quite yet), really like Wisdom of the Hidden Realm, but looking for a first oracle that is more basic.

Any thoughts or suggestions on one they found a good basic one for meditation and self-knowledge, intuition, greatly appreciated.

GD

greatdane

Thank you, Tamara!

I like this one VERY much! It's funny, when I first clicked on this link and it gave kind of mature audience warning, I thought, oh, my, what has Tamara gotten me into :))) But then I realized just general classical nudity (which I have NO problem with, I thought the images were lovely). Tamara, dingdingding, I think WE HAVE A WINNER! Thank a lot.

If anyone else has others to share, I would love to see them. I may start with three and see which speaks to me the most.

Blessings, GD

Chronata

I have one more that I LOVE that you might want to check out (now that it's back in print!)

Morgan's Tarot
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/morgans/

It has a booklet. Which you will discover is either entirely useless...or brilliant after 20 years have passed!

Seriously...the only deck I actually own more than one printing of. That's saying something!

Mellifluous

Not sure I'm completely understanding what you mean by 'basic'... I'd think you'd want something with no words printed on the cards then? If that's not a problem though, maybe one or some of these will appeal.

My Spiritual Reading Deck by Sylvia Browne

Dream Inspirational Cards (Lo Scarabeo)

Tree Affirmation Cards by Vicky Lewis

Nature-Speak by Ted Andrews

Little Reminders: The Law of Attraction by Zerner & Farber

Little Reminders: Love and Relationships (aka 'Cupid Cards') also by Zerner & Farber
These have no writing on the front of the cards at all.

Psycards by Nick Hobson

Symbolon (A.G. Meuller)
No writing on the cards.

Crystal Oracle by Toni Carmine Salermo
These just have the names of the stones.

Mixed Emotions Cards (Martin & Wiltse)

Have fun! :)

dvorah ophir

greatdane hi

on Mellifluous list i saw the psycards- i think they are maybe even better idea for you because they are to work with intuetively, they are not so many cards in that deck-sometimes smaller decks are better specialy for beginers.
i think you should defenetly check if you like them-reading your criterias for choosing a deck i think they answer yours.they are very original. you could also try to check about mystical lenormand-the drawing are good and they too are great for intuivive work.

SpiritOfTheDogz

I find the GainaStar Codex good for intuitive reading. The images are quite complex and colourful mandals's which you can concentrate on while your intuition kicks in

There's some images HERE

greatdane

Chron, Melli, Dvorah and Spirit

Thanks a bunch for taking the time and thoughtfulness to email me your suggestions. I'm over here checking out your suggestions, clicking away at my computer like a crazy lady! :) (click, click, click)

rachelcat

I know you counted out Dreaming in Color, but I think it would be a wonderful basic deck. The art certainly has lots for the intuition to grab onto. I also like Psycards.

I love the art of both of these (even though they are pretty much opposites art-wise!) But I seldom use them because I don't really understand the free-form, collection of nouns and adjectives kind of oracle. (I like a system, at least some groups or suits or something!)

Just thought I'd put in my two cents on some beautiful oracle decks!

greatdane

Thanks, RachelCat

(ALWAYS get a kick out of your avatar cat!)

Actually in my first post, said I liked Dreaming in Color, it was the soul cards I wasn't sure about yet. Psycards, still iffy (maybe all my psych background coming back to haunt me lol), but see possibilities.

So far, in no particular order, as it can change moment to moment, which I like best:

Dreaming in Color
Psycards
Gaiastar Codex
Celestial Wisdom (put to the side for now, I'm seen prices of new decks)
Deck of Shadows

As I look at all your posts and click on decks, it can change, but right now, these are the ones that seem to speak to me the most. I still have some of your posts to go through tho. Trying to keep it down to three to just start...gee, I can see the money flying out of my wallet as I type :)))

Thanks again to all of you, I read all the posts and check out your suggestions. You've made this crone feel very welcome and supported in beginning her journey. Hard to believe I just joined March 15th!

Hugs and blessings to all,
GD