Flonz Victorian Lenormand

baylys

I have wanted to make a tarot deck for a very long time. However, I have no art skills whatsoever so that makes it very difficult.

I recently decided to try making a Lenormand deck instead and I came across some incredible stamps by a stamp maker in New Zealand. A couple of his stamps gave me the inspiration I needed and so I have started.

The card I am going to put it on is a creamy coloured card, I am trying to find just the right weight and colour. I'm looking for something less than perfect, kind of marbled to give it the Victorian look.

But in the meantime I am stamping on white paper.

I would like to 'age' the edges of the card with a light sepia colour. Please excuse the clunky version in the photos below as it was my first attempt.

I am still trying to decide if I should stamp in black or sepia. Feedback would be great, positive or constructive :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361863632.667331.jpg

baylys

The Child
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361864945.705438.jpg

The Lady
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361864968.614923.jpg

The Tree
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361864986.318294.jpg

baylys

And on a creamy coloured card

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361865523.354728.jpg

Babalon Jones

Hey these are charming! I like the black with the sepia writing. Maybe try a black with an aged edge too, to see how it looks. You could try tea staining the paper too.

Tarot Orat

Oooh, beautiful cards, Baylys! I've really been looking forward to seeing them :) I love how evocative they are in their simplicity.

I lurve me the sepia on white and the black on cream; I think the black on white is a bit harsh, and the sepia on cream is a bit too monochrome. That's just me though.

daphne

Simple, not busy, good for Lenormand.

Do you intend to put also a playing card insert?

Laura Borealis

I love this! :heart:

The sepia is attractive, but I think I prefer the black stamp ink with sepia calligraphy; the contrast is nice.

Aging: there's Tim Holtz Distress Ink (and probably other brands of similar "aging" ink) though I used a teabag one time and it looked really nice.

I'm looking forward to seeing more!

PS Your handwriting/calligraphy is gorgeous! Makes me want to practice mine!

SixDegrees

Lovely! I prefer the black stamp with sepia writing. You'll give the Postmark a run for it's money!

Aulruna

As an "old school" Lenormand reader, I like to focus on the central image/symbol, so for me these are absolutely perfect.

I also prefer the black/sepia. Love the titles! Are you hand-lettering these?

MoonGypsy

Sweet and quaint! :love: i also prefer the black stamp with sepia writing..the contrast is very appealing.