Need help with Game Crafter

Aina

Sorry for posting Game Crafter technology question here. However I cannot download the template where I can edit my card images on my computer. There is the problem with the image resolution (pixels) and I have two decks ready (one tarot one lenormand). I'd like to try and publish so that I know how it's done in the future. I am making about 7 decks at the moment. However whenever I download the template (some ".ai" file) it opens on Word and shows several pages of html codes. I've tried downloading all templates and nothing works! I'm really fed up with this lack of clarity of how to work on Game Crafter. If you have published a deck on it, could you please tell me more about the templates? Thanks.

Alta

Hi Aina, Sorry I cannot help myself, but TarotLyn has mentioned that there is a users forum attached to the Game Crafter and they are very helpful.

Alta

dancing_moon

When you choose a template to download, you're choosing the first one (Illustrator), which is an .ai file. Try choosing the next one (PNG) instead. It can be viewed with usual Windows viewers and edited using Paint.

Aina

Hi Aina, Sorry I cannot help myself, but TarotLyn has mentioned that there is a users forum attached to the Game Crafter and they are very helpful.

Alta

Hi Alta, thanks for your help! Indeed, they have a chat available all the time and I talked with them twice, got the template but I'll have to work out how to use it yet.

Aina

When you choose a template to download, you're choosing the first one (Illustrator), which is an .ai file. Try choosing the next one (PNG) instead. It can be viewed with usual Windows viewers and edited using Paint.

Thanks! I'll try that! They also recommended some gimp free editing software. I think PNG only works when you already have photoshop in your computer!

HudsonGray

No, GIMP works same as Photoshop, it is an acceptable substitute. There should be no issues.

tarotlyn

Thanks! I'll try that! They also recommended some gimp free editing software. I think PNG only works when you already have photoshop in your computer!

:heart::) Aina, I think that you can use 'PNG' photo files on just about any and every digital
software program out there.

You probably already know that, since you posted your questions about 3 weeks ago...
- but I just mentioned this info in case you haven't found that out yet.

Good luck :)
:heart: Hugs, Lyn

Aina

:heart::) Aina, I think that you can use 'PNG' photo files on just about any and every digital
software program out there.

You probably already know that, since you posted your questions about 3 weeks ago...
- but I just mentioned this info in case you haven't found that out yet.

Good luck :)
:heart: Hugs, Lyn

Hey Tarotlyn,

Thanks so much for your reply! I actually quit the GameCrafter. I am totally not in a mood mess with soft wares right now. I'd rather draw and put up my stuff on the blog where everyone could download for free (you ca check the link to my site on the profile page). I just can't force myself do that right now :( Maybe LATER.