Oracles I Could Use For Past Life Readings?

September Pixie

I know that the Phoenix Cards are used for this purpose but what other decks could I mix in with tarot to pull a smiluar effect? I have a few oracles and recently just bought The Soul Cards (Deck 1), which I am thinking might be a good mix? Any other suggestions?

Annabelle

The Symbolon deck is supposedly designed for use in past-life readings. I have a copy and really like it, although I have not had any luck yet using it for a past-life reading. That said, though, I've only ever tried to use the Symbolon for a past-life reading one time, and then I think it was my fault and not the fault of the cards that I didn't get anywhere with it.

Anyway, it's listed here at Aeclectic . . . . here's the link:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/symbolon/

Netzach

I've not heard about past life readings before. How would you go about doing one?

September Pixie

there are countless ways to conduct a past life reading or regression.. its mostly done (or at least from my personal expierence and those of others) with a blend of meditation and tarot/oracle readings..

There are a few spreads in the spread forum that you could begin trying with.. when you find one that works for you (and you will know! you'll feel connections) keep at it until you are fully satisfied.. expirament and try new things but most importantly, record your expierences.

Netzach

Thank you! I'll give it a go. I have been regressed once by a hypnotherapist (interesting results and not at all what I was expecting) and have always had a slight "far memory" of one particular event. So it will be really interesting to see what comes to the fore using this method.

September Pixie

Your welcome..

anyone else have any to add?

Chronata

The symbolon didn't work at all for me in the past life readings.
I couldn't get past the images as very specific things...if you know what I mean.
The tarot worked better for me, because it already was a jumping off point for my intuition.

As for the Phoenix cards...these are great...but even these are limited!

There just are not enough times and cultures represented.

I ended up aquiring two Phoenix decks, and marking one with a small dot...these represent different places or times based on the culture that is listed in the card.

And I have had some really good experiences using the Caroline Myss Archetype Cards mixed into the process (along with the Phoenix and tarot)

These are great for representing personality and occupations in past life settings!

I know there is another archetype symbol deck out there...can't think of the name at the moment...that I want also. I think it might add even more to the readings I do.

Chronata

Oh...I also noticed you were thinking of the soul cards, September Pixie...
I have both soul cards I and II, but I have never used them for past lives. i wonder if they might add something as well?

I am going to try it, and see! Thanks for the suggestion! :)

September Pixie

You know me Chronata, I am always looking how to better my readings and since past life readings are my most sought after (not really even sure why!) I always wonder if there is more I could be doing..

I really took to the Symbolon deck, but DF (darling fiance) is telling me I need to wait till next paycheck for those ;) Once I pratice a bit with the decks, I will offer a pratice reading or two in the forum (mixed with tarot of course), and see how it goes.. I am also looking into expiramenting with new spreads.. I hope they will work as well or even better than the 13 card spread I am currently using.

Speaking of spreads, Chronata, do you use any spreads in particular when working with these readings or do you just draw, read, and then assign positions? I do this a lot with general questions, but have never tried it for past lives.. not sure I could tune in enough online.. perhaps it would be interesting to even document my findings.. think there is enough interest in these spreads?