The Temperlyne Tarot online

truelighth

I am liking the Chariot more and more, especially now with the added color. I will be watching the next coloring layers with anticipation :D

temperlyne

I hope you'll like the next layer of paint truelight! I think the chariot will take at least 3 more layers before he is finished, but I just see where he takes me. It's both scary and amazing to me to see him alter and come to life. I know I've probably said it before, but I LOVE creating my own deck!
www.tarotjournal.com / www.tarotjournal.com/chariot5.jpg
I'm slowly starting to add some more text to the allready finished majors, after death its now the lovers turn. It was my first official card and the first painting I ever made using oils. I could never have done it without my lover, so the lovers is my ode to him.
www.tarotjournal.com/VI.html

Elven

How absolutely beautiful!! What a fabulous website - congratulations, you've done so much work on your cards and the site is awesome, what a journey, thankyou for sharing this with us!!
I remember seeing the Lovers a while ago and could never remember who it belongs to. When I saw it again I was so thrilled to see the other cards as well, and stroll through the site :)

Ive stuck it on my favourites!

Blessings
Elven x

truelighth

temperlyne said:
I hope you'll like the next layer of paint truelight! I think the chariot will take at least 3 more layers before he is finished, but I just see where he takes me.

Yep, I like it :). He seems to come more and more alive with every layer so far. It must be a wonderful journey you are on.

temperlyne

thanks Elven and truelighth!

I is an honour to be appreciated.
I never expected this journey would be so intense.... I have started to see it as a diary of my life. While I am waiting for the paint on the chariot to dry some more, I have made some additions to the website, a bit more text to explain my personal relationship to the cards.
The magician is the muze of artists to me, and this deck made me feel like an artist for the first time.
www.tarotjournal.com/I.html
I have mixed feelings about my star card... It reminds me of the beauty in the world, and that I am not as pretty as I'd like to be.
www.tarotjournal.com/XVII.html

just scroll down to the bottom of the pages.

Sidhe-Ra

Thank you so much for sharing some very personal insights. I can really realte to what you're saying, particularly about The Star- I have struggled with my skin since early teens, and know how emotionally crippling it can be at times. However, I have seen your photo, and you ARE beautiful-( and so am I !:))Inside and out, for art is an expression of the soul, and your art is stunning!

temperlyne

Thank you so much Sidhe-ra!
You would think that after 15 years of strugling I would have found a way to just accept my flaws, but it still hurts and plays a major part in my emotional wellbeing.(Which I hate!)
Your post really warmed my heart and I am so glad that I found this community of loving and understanding people.

Love to you!

Keigh

Humbled.....yes, I am humbled. Your work is transformative, ethereal, powerful, and has a certain element of the undefined....as if it cannot be contained within a single category. I saw your lovers card awhile back and was quite impressed...now that I've seen this thread and your website, I simply bow in admiration. While all the cards are beautiful...I must confess that the death card and your journal have had the greatest impact. It is truly an uncomfortable card, and I appreciate you taking on such a large and difficult topic and expressing it in such a visually compelling way. Looking forward to watching the rest of your deck come to life. The Chariot is looking quite stunning...

Keigh

temperlyne

wow keigh thats quite an overwhelming complement.. silence me a bit, and ofcourse puts a big fat grin on my face!

Listening to some very energising music this morning, I practically threw a fresh layer of paint on the paper. It won't be long now before the chariot is finished, maybe one or two mare layers.

Here's what I have now: (open the image in a new window to enlarge)

www.tarotjournal.com

Sidhe-Ra

That Chariot card has such life! It's also really well composed, with great colours, and shaping into an excellent painting- and a fabulous tarot card.

"...somewhere in the back of my mind I would love to publish this child of mine, show it to the world like a proud parent."

(Well, you quoted me, so I have to quote you!) YES! For goodness sake, you must find a way of publishing this deck when it's complete, it wonderful- creative and intuitive. As you said- there aren't enough decks like this!

Blessings,

Em