What's this crystal?

sedgeez

Can anyone help identity this crystal please?

It's quite see through but a bit milky.
Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 164

Pam O

Can you take a new photo against the black background? It would help us see its characteristics. :)

sedgeez

I didn't realise how bad the first photo was until I just looked lol :)

Here's two side by sides. It's got a milky white colour to it, but it's clear at the same time if that makes sense?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 163

Pam O

Maybe Moonstone?

sedgeez

Can moonstone be white? The only moonstone I've ever had was a peach colour.

Sorry if I sound stupid, I'm still quite new to crystals :)

Briar Rose

Could be quartz? What sort of feel in the way of smooth or smooth and waxy? How about a sunlight picture of it? Camera instead of cell phone?

and there is no such thing as stupid just b/c you don't know. Sometimes I forget what the names are of certain crystals. Now what I do is take a picture of them, identify them, and then print the picture out, and then write on the bottom the names so that I can learn them. So I more I know, the more I don't know anything (as the saying goes).

Shaymus

It may be selenite.

Disa

all of my moonstone are white, but I don't have any that shape. I only have chips and a ring.

Is that stone white, cause it looks like a rose quartz I have that's really really light pink?

sedgeez

It's definitely white, the picture just isn't great lol

I don't think it's selenite because I have a selenite sphere and it feels different. This feels smooth, where my selenite has a slight waxy feel to it if that makes sense.

EmpressSha

It does look quartz-like from the picture, perhaps milky quartz? Not sure if that's the proper name for it but its basically quartz with cloudy bits inside...