Wheel of Fortune in Opposing Forces Position

Kat Moon

Can I get some thoughts on this?

To me The Wheel is always a positive card. It signifies good times to come, that you will be rewarded for hard work, that in general life is entering a happy place. I always welcome this card.

Now that being said, how do you read the "Opposing Forces" position, when the wheel pops up. So what the heck is that suppose to mean. Are things going to get harder (the wheel turning against me)?

How do you guys see this card in a negative position?

Grizabella

The Wheel has ups and downs and so does life. When the Wheel turns you either go up or down, but you never just reach one or the other and stay there for the rest of your life. In this case, considering it as "opposing forces", it could be telling you that the Wheel is on a down-turn or it could be telling you that a major life change is coming.

No card is ever all good or all bad. They've all got their flip side. If you don't use reversals when you read, then you especially have to be alert to whether or not the card's upright or reversed meaning is at play and for me, that depends a lot on the other cards in the spread. I also form my spreads so that there are positions named that include both the positive and negative of what I'm reading about. Cards falling into the named negative positions are read as though reversed.

Kat Moon

That makes sense. It was just hard in this read, to say that life is still on the down side. But no I don't read reversals or reversed meanings.

Thanks for the insight. I will keep it in mind

PAMUYA

A wheel is turning, moving, what goes up must come down, what is down must come up. Change is the only constant of the wheel. The wheel reminds us not to get too attached, yes there are good times, but this too shall pass, you will have bad times, this too shall pass. Nothing is permanent. Positive/negative is only a matter of perspective. Sometimes not getting what you want in the long run is a bit of good luck.

When this card comes up in a reading, the wheel is about to turn, opportunities can be found at either side of the wheel, it is how you react to it which determines positive or negative. Be ready for change, be ready for opportunities.

danieljuk

I actually see the wheel as "opposing forces" in itself, so how interesting to get it in that position and a strong message for you! I also normally read the upright wheel as a turn for the better and I read reversals and that is more difficult times ahead. But I think the big message of the Wheel of Fortune is about things out of our control! We get to control some things in our life and can make decisions ourselves but sometimes the universe just throws things at us, sometimes good and sometimes bad! One thing we can guarantee is change! good times won't last, bad times won't last, the wheel keeps spinning!

In this position with this card, I would interpret it that you can't control everything in your life, sometimes you just have to deal with what the wheel lands on! We have to accept that some external factors are out of our control and that is the opposing force here, fate and karma perhaps!

Esk

I agree with the other posts,the wheel is not motionless, but personally in my readings the wheel is very often a card of bad luck, it represents things out of my control that can make my day worst.
I also can see this card for a repetitive behaviour that is not serving someone best intesrest. When i tend to return to an old and sometimes unhealthy pattern that is not helping me, this card can appear to tell me that I'm going in a vicous circle and won't be able to move if i keep doing the same old things again and again.

Thirteen

If you're at the top, someone has to be at the bottom....

Now that being said, how do you read the "Opposing Forces" position, when the wheel pops up. So what the heck is that suppose to mean. Are things going to get harder (the wheel turning against me)?
Well, if you win the lottery, a bunch of people who bought tickets didn't win the lottery ;) The Wheel of Fortune is like a ferris wheel. If the car you're in is at the top, then someone else's car has to be at the bottom.

Most people riding a ferris wheel are fine with that, because they know that the wheel keeps turning, and it's likely they'll get a chance at the top again. But some people resent it every time they find themselves at the bottom. They don't say, "oh well, things will change..." at such times. They say, instead, "This isn't right. I should be on top. I hate the person on top for being there and taking my place!"

And there are your opposing forces. Being the lucky one means that you have to deal with all those people jealous and angry over your good fortune, especially the ones who feel it came at their expense.

NatKat

Wheel in Opposing Forces position

Maybe I am just an optimist ... but when I get a positive card in this position ... I take it to be a big pat on the back from Karma ... you are going in the correct direction and there are NO opposing forces. At times in my life I was just in the right place at the right time and even my "mistakes" actually put me on the correct path.
To me, this is one of those times.
The other way I might take it ... possibly there is a person or opportunity you have dismissed who might actually be very lucky for you.
I would need more context to speak on that 2nd idea.

Natasya

think

Another interpretation for how the wheel of fortune card could be an opposing force is that it means a never ending cycle, so if something has a negative part, maybe something keeps happening again and again, this card is like a warning about that.

Kat Moon

Maybe I am just an optimist ... but when I get a positive card in this position ... I take it to be a big pat on the back from Karma ... you are going in the correct direction and there are NO opposing forces. At times in my life I was just in the right place at the right time and even my "mistakes" actually put me on the correct path.
To me, this is one of those times.
The other way I might take it ... possibly there is a person or opportunity you have dismissed who might actually be very lucky for you.
I would need more context to speak on that 2nd idea.

Natasya

hehe i like this way of looking at it! I like it when Karma likes me. Thank this was the message that I was needing to hear at the moment :)