Fool Card keeps repeating - baffled

NatKat

The Fool has come to every spread I've done for the past 2 weeks ... he's telling me something but I have no idea what ...

I will likely end-up posting a full reading in the Readings thread ... but this one card is the most baffling as it is a card I seldom encounter in readings for myself or others.

I am in the midst of selling my home to buy another ... tricky bit of business ... lots of unknowns and time bomb ticking. The Fool appears in spread after spread. Not accompanied by any bad cards which cause me to worry ... the other cards are either neutral or positive ... lots of Courts as one might expect ... realtors, the other seller, potential buyers etc. etc.

So dear Tarot friends whom I haven't met ...
HOW do you read the fool in such a situation? WHAT is he trying to tell me?

winter garden

New beginnings was my first thought. Also, be careful that you're not being a fool, and carefully checking all the details of your house sale, perhaps - not sure if you use reversals or not.

You may also want to look at this thread, where the Fool is referring to making a mistake: http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=251635 If the surrounding cards are very positive, then this would likely not apply but it is certainly food for thought.

Definitely post some full readings in the 'Your Readings' subforum so we can all give you better advice :)

PAMUYA

Personally I love this card, you will be embarking on a new journey, do it your way, trust yourself. Enjoy the Journey. Have an open mind. How often you you buy a new home? Some people never get to do so. Take each day as it comes, live in the moment.

NatKat

Thanks & further clarification

Thanks winter garden and pamuya,

I have been taking it somewhat as a "good" foolishness ... this decision is a mix of economics and emotions ... not pure business. Of course I fear being "foolish" but no disaster cards to indicate a mistake.

This Fool card has appeared in several different positions which makes me feel it is a global message ...

First spread Fool fell in position of "seller's realtor"
in subsequent spreads Fool has appeared in "us" position, in the effects of "cause & effect" position, and in Outcome and in card #1. He migrates!

Any other ideas about this travelling Fool?

It is sooo helpful to have other readers to bounce ideas!

Thanks!
Natasya

aurafields

The Fool has come to every spread I've done for the past 2 weeks ... he's telling me something but I have no idea what ...

I will likely end-up posting a full reading in the Readings thread ... but this one card is the most baffling as it is a card I seldom encounter in readings for myself or others.

I am in the midst of selling my home to buy another ... tricky bit of business ... lots of unknowns and time bomb ticking. The Fool appears in spread after spread. Not accompanied by any bad cards which cause me to worry ... the other cards are either neutral or positive ... lots of Courts as one might expect ... realtors, the other seller, potential buyers etc. etc.

So dear Tarot friends whom I haven't met ...
HOW do you read the fool in such a situation? WHAT is he trying to tell me?

I really would need to know more about the cards that modify the Fool to have a shot at accuracy, but the first impression I got was that you are about to take a big leap of faith and perhaps make a decision that you need to weigh carefully with facts or the choice could be a foolish one. Mistakes are best when calculated in advance. If something isn't adding up when you look at all of the ways this could turn out, then don't jump off that ledge just yet. The Fool is most likely a warning if it keeps coming up. What is the number one definition the Fool stands for to you? That would most likely be the meaning it is throwing up in your face. For example, no matter how many times I get the Moon and how many different meanings it has for me according to how ti's modified, it basically represents the unknown deceptions to me. If it's by people I know they are involved. But that's how I narrow down it's most important meaning to me, because that's how my mind interprets the symbols in the Moon card. So really ask what the Fool means to you, because that's what the Fool is trying to tell you in this reading.

NatKat

deeper meanings of Fool card

I really would need to know more about the cards that modify the Fool to have a shot at accuracy, but the first impression I got was that you are about to take a big leap of faith and perhaps make a decision that you need to weigh carefully with facts or the choice could be a foolish one. Mistakes are best when calculated in advance. If something isn't adding up when you look at all of the ways this could turn out, then don't jump off that ledge just yet. The Fool is most likely a warning if it keeps coming up. What is the number one definition the Fool stands for to you? That would most likely be the meaning it is throwing up in your face. For example, no matter how many times I get the Moon and how many different meanings it has for me according to how ti's modified, it basically represents the unknown deceptions to me. If it's by people I know they are involved. But that's how I narrow down it's most important meaning to me, because that's how my mind interprets the symbols in the Moon card. So really ask what the Fool means to you, because that's what the Fool is trying to tell you in this reading.

I feel the Fool as Leap of Faith and the idea of emptiness. The number Zero. A surrender of control and allowing things to unfold with no identifications or expectations. I feel the Fool says go with the flow and accept whatever comes ... because I can't control it. Forces larger than me and many other people are involved.

But yes, also I sometimes read foolishness or bad judgement. One could say already it was foolish to offer on a house before our house sold ... yet it can be equally as foolish to sell your house and have no place to go!

The Fool seems like a stranger to me. I don't have a very deep relationship with that card ... guess this is my chance to develop it!

Sunbrook

When I see the Fool, I try to consider whether more experience, or a leap of faith, is required. The Fool nearly steps off the cliff due to ignorance, and after journeying and learning, comes upon the same cliff, but this time steps off knowingly, thus evolving. This makes me think of a journey that was rewarding and successful the first time around, but now a new path would lead to growth.

I also believe that if the new path isn't taken, the Fool will once again, find himself at the same cliff. It makes me think of Forest Gump "stupid is as stupid does". What separtes the fool who nearly stepped off the cliff from ignorance, and the one who steps off out of enlightenment? It's ironic that the ingnorant fool avoided the cliff, but the enlighted fool took the leap. That's not to suggest that the journey wasn't required.

NatKat

When I see the Fool, I try to consider whether more experience, or a leap of faith, is required. The Fool nearly steps off the cliff due to ignorance, and after journeying and learning, comes upon the same cliff, but this time steps off knowingly, thus evolving. <<snippage>>

I also believe that if the new path isn't taken, the Fool will once again, find himself at the same cliff. ....

Interesting take on Mr. Fool. I quite agree.

I spent several days meditating upon this card and finally had an "AHA" moment about the whole thing ... and surprise surprise ... he quit showing his face at every reading };>

I may post the results of my meditations ... but it would be a LONG post. LOL once I get going on a card ... sooner or later I come to understand it very thoroughly ... so if I post my results ... it would be based-on years of research + 3 days of intense meditation. Maybe too long for a forum post. Maybe not. I haven't decided yet.

christinab253

I have been getting the fool quite a lot recently (for different types of readings) and, in many cases, my intuition has told me that somebody has acted like or feels like a fool. This is then something I have found echoed on AT. Although I understand that it often can also mean new beginnings, taking the plunge, a leap of faith and feeling carefree etc, this meaning has often not felt right to me recently. Therefore, my new foremost meaning for this card is the literal meaning of "the fool".

Sunbrook

My husband and I had a discussion of this card. After telling him the fools story, he thinks that the when someone wants to do something, for which there is always an element of chance (having a baby, or getting married, or buying a house), but they have not done some logical things to prepare first, then they are jumping off the cliff as the naive fool, and this is indeed being fooling. On the other hand, if someone has done what they could to prepare, there will always be a leap of faith required in some situations, but the journeyed fool has prepared as much as possible. So I think the fool can definelty come up when someone was foolish.