Lo Scarabeo Tarot - Bravo!

Nemia

A long time has passed since this thread has been active... but nevertheless I feel that this is the place to post my question.

Is anyone still working with this deck? How are your long time experiences?

I was not aware of the Lo Scarabeo deck at all. I found on the internet by pure chance this image:

http://www.susynblairhunt.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/2tarot-diamond.jpg

and was intrigued by the imagery. I could see that different decks were "melted" here and I searched for some time on the net until I found the name of the deck. In a spontaneous act, I ordered it, even though I disliked the cartoony sexy-blondes-in-sexy-poses style. Maybe unfairly, I felt that the artist was not really that deep into tarot, but that the script according to which she worked was very intelligent.

Well, now it's been in my tarot box for three months and I haven't read with it more often than once (the deck interview spread). I don't dislike it and don't plan on letting it go. But somehow, I can't get my way "into" this deck.

I'm also intrigued by the option of trimming it - trim away the frames and titles. I think the images are clear enough to be identified without titles. (I could always take a thin golden pen and add some numbers if I wanted to.) Has anyone posted pictures of the trimmed LS?

Do you use it for readings, for study, what is your experience over time? Any advice on how to get over the reluctance caused by the style?

emmsma

I trimmed my copy and will get some pics taken and will post this evening.

I don't use it often, but it has a clear voice. I think I like it more, now that its been freed of its borders, but I feel that way about alot of LS decks.

Nemia

That's so kind of you, thank you. I feel my scissor fingers itch again........... and IMO these multi-lingual borders are really obnoxious.

emmsma

Makes a very cute pocket deck, just about. :)

rwcarter

I bought a copy already trimmed from the Tarot Trading forum. :)

You can find a link to pics of a partially trimmed LoS Tarot here. I always look in the Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index first to see if someone has already posted images.

Rodney

Nemia

Oh sorry, I looked there (even posted there myself) and didn't see the Lo Scarabeo. It is there. Thank you for the link.

And how great it looks! Emmsma might wish to add her pictures, if she takes any, there, so everybody can see it. The size should be perfect indeed for a pocket deck.

I take my scissors out now.

There are some beautiful cards in here. The chariot with its blue-and-gold color scheme really shines.

It seems definitely worthwhile to get better acquainted with this deck.

emmsma

I'm not great with a scanner but here are a few cards to give you an idea.

*sigh* Its too big a file. I'll email myself and see what I can do from home. Walking out the door now. No time to play with it.

emmsma

Glad you were able to see them.

What's your plan, Nemia? With or without titles?

Nemia

Oh please, don't take any trouble - it's done already ;-) I couldn't keep myself from doing it. I'm over now to the thread to post some picture.

Had the trimming disease this weekend, a very strong attack - trimmed some of my decks.

The Lo Scarabeo, to get back to the topic of this thread, certainly benefits very much from it. I really can't understand how somebody could think that this amount of white and the weird interlaced border does the pictures good.

They have a much stronger atmosphere now and they shine by themselves. I'll take them out next week and I'll try to do some readings with them.