The Illuminated - Which is the most Tripped Out, Decadent, Over-The-Top Illuminated?

Dusk Till Dawn

I think that the one made for you has the most magic. I mean I would take a preowned unloved Illuminated, but It won't have the Magic and the energy, that the one she made especially for you, has. No other Deck out there, that's my Opinion will be made especially for you, with your likes ( colors etc.) and handmade pouch. I love this Deck, today, I received my Envelope with my 4th one. :heart:I haven't opened it yet. But I know when I do, that the Deck will glow for me, in a very special way.
Last year I got my Large with Glitter on Valentines, the Sun was shining, and the Deck as I unwrapped carefully the cards, was shining so bright. It was like Magic. And it's like Photokat said, you get one, then you crave for the next envelope.
When you are ready and order yours, just think of the colors you like best, do you like Glitter? If so how much, what is your favourite card for the Pouch etc.

Dusk Till Dawn

tarotlyn said:
:):heart: OMG!!!...yes, and Carol's "fractals" (new deck coming YAY!!!:party:)...
are pretty amazing...I know I am getting this deck...and glittered too!!!

...ya' got to get the glitter, people...you will love it!
Carol has really perfected this method!

Now I am getting really excited...a new Fractal deck...
Carol is so amazing...and somehow, she has captured
(I believe) "Light Beings" in her images she is working on.
...and glittered?...out of sight!:thumbsup:
:):heart:Lyn

Yes! Aren't the Fractals wonderful? I can not wait for it!

Morgane_49

photokat said:
I don't think that sample cards are representative of what you'll REALLY be getting. It's perhaps the best "rough idea" it can give you, but when you'll order yours, that's when the magic happens....

That was what I was hoping!

Not having seen a full deck, I really don't think I'd read with it, but I was considering ordering one and tying bows through the top and using it for Christmas tree ornaments!

strings of life

I am holding out for a Large deck with glitter, and when I get it, I am sure it will be breathtaking!

Promise

I have both a medium Illuminated that's double-painted with the iridescent colors, as well as a large that is HEAVILY glittered, and I have to say that if you want drama and you want sparkle, Carol is the person to go to! There is quite a bit of email discussion back and forth with her before she ever starts working on your deck, and she wants to make sure she delivers EXACTLY what you want.

I told her heavy glitter, and that's what I got! It's not clumpy or overdone, but it certainly does exactly what I wanted it to! My glitter deck has become one of my absolute favorites; for me, it really changed what I thought about RWS and made it usable for me. When you have something that is custom made for you and has this beautiful blend of your own essence combined with Carol's spirit and talent, it makes it that much more special and treasured.

Based on a few conversations I've had with Carol, my suggestion would be that if you want an Illuminated, don't wait too long on it! I have several other decks of Carol's, as well as my little treasure from her husband Dirk, and they're truly something you just have to hold in your hand and see in person to get a true feel for it. Ask for sample cards, be descriptive about what you want, and don't be afraid to tell Carol exactly what you like and dislike! The glitter has the most "presence" for me, where my double-painted iridescent deck is more subtle and more natural.

Essjay

Thanks to this thread :) I'm getting an Illuminated deck now! I'm just trying to decide on which sort. Has anyone got one with light glitter?

Promise

My double-painted iridescent Medium Illuminated has veeery light touches of glitter; it was right after Carol started offering the glitter decks, and she'd gotten my order confused with another, so I got light touches of glitter as a happy accident.

It's very subtle, but it does add personality.

Essjay

Thanks for the info Promise. I'm starting to wonder if I should throw caution to the wind and get the maximum glitter. I'm so bad at making choices!!

Promise

What I would suggest is emailing Carol and asking her for samples! Tell her you're having trouble deciding, and ask her for whichever samples you'd like. The sample cards will at least give you a basic idea of the differences, as well as the quality of the lamination and cardstock. Carol is a sweetheart, and I'm positive she'll help you make your decision.

Dusk Till Dawn

I just received an Illuminated Medium Double Painted, iredescent and full Glitter.
The Backs they are the Purple have very light Glitter too. This is the most beautiful Deck I have, the backs have a glow to them, look totally different, wonderfull! My Large, it's the first Large with Glitter she did, is with light Glitter, but I think if you want Glitter get the full. I am so glad I did!