Oracle of the Mermaids- Lucy Cavendish

silvereye

Hi Miss Divine!

Yes, when I ordered, they still had some decks in stock, but it seems they sent them to other people and not to me. I was quite devastated yesterday evening when I saw that they had cancelled the order. :neutral: By now, I have managed to accept the situation as it is. I keep telling myself that it is probably not the right time for the deck right now. I signed up for e-mail notification, though, so that I'll know when they restock the deck.

And yes, I also feel this deck might be good for intuitive reading, although it's likely that I'll stray quite far from the book meanings with some cards. But sometimes these are exactly the best decks! :) (Just thinking Tarot of the Sweet Twilight here. It's so non-standard that it hurts if you look at it from a traditional tarot perspective, but it blows my mind each and every time!)

Silvereye, how do you like the deck?

I haven't looked through the entire deck yet, but having looked at the first few card the artwork is amazing and guess what, the mermaids remind me of Victoria Secret's angels!!!!

Golden Angel

Hello,

I don't know. If you enjoy Lucy's stuff and own a lot of her cards, I don't think life will stop in its tracks if you don't own this deck. If you love water and Mermaids I think this might be an exciting purchase for you.

One thing is that a lot of cards are not repeats of her other decks. I would say this is a personal deck for self-discovery. Good for those who are not sure of their own life purpose or making their own decisions in life. It tends to point out the things you should be doing in your life to nurture your soul.

I love the spreads in this deck though!!!!! The best celtic cross I've ever done.

I find I have to be more intuitive with this deck... the guidebook is lack luster compare to Lucy's other decks.

Serenia

Thanks everyone for your responses! :)

I can't say yet whether or not I'm into Lucy's oracles since I only have one of her decks so far (Shadows and Light) and a second (Shapeshifters) is on its way to me. I do perceive a certain ocean energy, though, when I look at the cards. Sometimes I think the cards are beautiful (but that's it) and sometimes I think they'll help me a lot in self-development and healing. I'm pretty efficient in self-enabling when it comes to tarot and oracle decks, but at the moment it is easier for me to feel rather indifferent to it, because as soon as I get enthusiastic about a deck, I want to have it immediately.

The BD still hasn't restocked the deck and the price on amazon.co.uk is a bit too high for my taste, so I decided to accept the situation as it is. For some reason, as soon as I obsess too much over a certain deck, there are issues with availability or delivery... as if there's some energy out there trying to teach me patience. ;)

And guess what - now that I am calm enough to accept that I'll get the deck in June or so, it magically turned up on amazon.de! The description says that the deck is in stock but the delivery will take up to two additional days. I have no idea where they get the deck from, but they obviously believe to have a reliable source for it! :)

And yes, I took the opportunity and ordered it. If it turns out that the deck is just sitting on the shelf gathering dust, I'll wait until the (hypothetical) US version is released and then sell it to somebody who is desperate to get the Australian version! :p

ETA: Oho! Now the product description is back to "not available"! Let's see what happens this time! The amazon order overview says that it is going to be shipped shortly, but my order from BD said the same and they cancelled it anyway...

silvereye

Hello,

I don't know. If you enjoy Lucy's stuff and own a lot of her cards, I don't think life will stop in its tracks if you don't own this deck. If you love water and Mermaids I think this might be an exciting purchase for you.

One thing is that a lot of cards are not repeats of her other decks. I would say this is a personal deck for self-discovery. Good for those who are not sure of their own life purpose or making their own decisions in life. It tends to point out the things you should be doing in your life to nurture your soul.

I love the spreads in this deck though!!!!! The best celtic cross I've ever done.

I find I have to be more intuitive with this deck... the guidebook is lack luster compare to Lucy's other decks.

I agree with you that the guidebook is a bit lack lustre in terms of the divination meanings which I find very vague and too narrow for application on any non-romance related readings.
I cannot compare this with her other decks though as I don't have any other Lucy decks.

Does anyone know how this compares to her Wisdom of Faery oracle?

Celtictarot

I think Wild Wisdom of the Faery is a better deck for readings, but I have personally found no problem, once I got he reversals and divination sorted out for the mermaids. I think it is just down to people's personal energy.

I won't dare touch a Colette Baron - Reid deck, as I don't resonate with them at all, but I do love Lucy's decks. The only deck I have been unhappy with is the revised Oracle of the Dragonfae. OMG I hate its energy and the cards are pathetic compared to the orginal, wayyyy too thin! Mind you the Oracle of the Mermaids cards as as thin as the new dragonfae, so maybe it is a Blue Angel thing.

How thick are the cards for the Messenger Oracle?

Miss Divine

I think Wild Wisdom of the Faery is a better deck for readings, but I have personally found no problem, once I got he reversals and divination sorted out for the mermaids. I think it is just down to people's personal energy.

I won't dare touch a Colette Baron - Reid deck, as I don't resonate with them at all, but I do love Lucy's decks. The only deck I have been unhappy with is the revised Oracle of the Dragonfae. OMG I hate its energy and the cards are pathetic compared to the orginal, wayyyy too thin! Mind you the Oracle of the Mermaids cards as as thin as the new dragonfae, so maybe it is a Blue Angel thing.

How thick are the cards for the Messenger Oracle?

Oh no! The Mermaids cardstock is thin also??
Umm.. The Messenger oracle is quite thin. But the cards are alot smaller so I have less issues with it being thin.

Miss Divine

My deck has arrived in the postbox, finally!!!!

How long did it take for your deck to arrive? I always have to wait atleast 3 weeks for something to arrive from BD. Drives me mad!!

Celtictarot

Oh no! The Mermaids cardstock is thin also??
Umm.. The Messenger oracle is quite thin. But the cards are alot smaller so I have less issues with it being thin.

They are thinner than the other decks

silvereye

How long did it take for your deck to arrive? I always have to wait atleast 3 weeks for something to arrive from BD. Drives me mad!!

I waited for about two weeks.