American version Oracle of the Shapeshifters

Miss Divine

Well I received it today after I'd pre-ordered it months ago.
I hate to say it, but I'm disappointed! Not in the artwork, but the cardstock is sooo thin compared to the American and Aussie versions of Oracle of Shadows and Light. I don't have the Aussie version of this deck which I really regret after receiving this one. I may be a perfectionist and picky, but I think the quality of this is garbage!
Don't even get me started on the card backs...

I'd rather pay more and get quality!

Serenia

Uiieeh, that sounds devastating!

I have ordered the Oracle of the Shapeshifters, too. My item description said I'll receive the Australian version, but the order status still says "awaiting despatch" and I'm losing more hope with every day that passes. :(

With the Oracle of Shadows and Light I found that both versions have their advantages and their disadvantages. Originally I preferred the Australian version, too, but then I ended up getting the German version which is based on the US version.
But for the Oracle of the Shapeshifters I definitely prefer the Australian version. I can't judge the cardstock, but they changed so many of the cards that I feel that the original "atmosphere" of the deck is getting lost.

I'll keep you up to date whether or not I'll receive the Australian version, so that you can order it from the same place in case they still have Australian decks. Otherwise I'd have to get the deck from Australia, which will be quite expensive. :neutral:

Does anyone else have the US version yet? How do you find it?

Miss Divine

Uiieeh, that sounds devastating!

I have ordered the Oracle of the Shapeshifters, too. My item description said I'll receive the Australian version, but the order status still says "awaiting despatch" and I'm losing more hope with every day that passes. :(

With the Oracle of Shadows and Light I found that both versions have their advantages and their disadvantages. Originally I preferred the Australian version, too, but then I ended up getting the German version which is based on the US version.
But for the Oracle of the Shapeshifters I definitely prefer the Australian version. I can't judge the cardstock, but they changed so many of the cards that I feel that the original "atmosphere" of the deck is getting lost.

I'll keep you up to date whether or not I'll receive the Australian version, so that you can order it from the same place in case they still have Australian decks. Otherwise I'd have to get the deck from Australia, which will be quite expensive. :neutral:

Does anyone else have the US version yet? How do you find it?

I have both the Aussie and American versions of Shadows and Light, and I like them both equally to be honest. But regarding the Shapeshifters, I am quite bummed out. I can deal with the different art , except the backs are not to my taste at all. But the cardstock really is a shame. Even my 13yr old daughter was like ''mom these are sooo thin!!'' It almost obligates you to buy a back-up. Yes I am serious! The cards are too large for such poor quality cardstock.
I ordered from a Dutch online store. I never even got en email that the deck was sent out already, it was quite the surprise today because I didn't even know it was out yet.

Celtictarot

I managed to get my deck from Amazon before the US deck came out. WHATTTTT is up with the decks? The oracle of the Mermaid deck has card stock quite a bit thinner than the usual Blue Angel stuff.

Its best to pay for the Aussie product, so much better energies with it! Just how bad is the US version of this deck?

Celtictarot

. I can't judge the cardstock, but they changed so many of the cards that I feel that the original "atmosphere" of the deck is getting lost.

Thats exactly what I feel with the revised edition of the Oracle of the Dragonfae. I just grate with the deck and just CAN NOT work with the deck at all!

Miss Divine

Thats exactly what I feel with the revised edition of the Oracle of the Dragonfae. I just grate with the deck and just CAN NOT work with the deck at all!

Oh wow they revised that too?? I only have the Aussie Dragonfae. I am not planning on getting the American. The Aussie version is a wonderful deck!

Celtictarot

Oh wow they revised that too?? I only have the Aussie Dragonfae. I am not planning on getting the American. The Aussie version is a wonderful deck!

Yes they have and I am awaiting my Aussie version. Jimmy Manton has done loads of the cards and they look like "crap". His art doesn't mix well with the cards.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/Rg0AAMXQrvpREc4W/$T2eC16N,!)0E9s37E2miBREc4Vs9Mg~~60_35.JPG

Miss Divine

Yes they have and I am awaiting my Aussie version. Jimmy Manton has done loads of the cards and they look like "crap". His art doesn't mix well with the cards.

Oohh, I just looked at the changed cards. You are right, they look like crap indeed. I don't like his art yuck!

I'm looking for an Aussie Shapeshifters but can't find one anywhere... Sigh...