American version Oracle of the Shapeshifters

Celtictarot

Oohh, I just looked at the changed cards. You are right, they look like crap indeed. I don't like his art yuck!

I'm looking for an Aussie Shapeshifters but can't find one anywhere... Sigh...

Neither do I! It is amazing when you find other people with the same tastes. :D

Miss Divine

Silly me... I just discovered the Dutch version is out and I wasn't even aware of this. It looks like the images are the same as the Aussie version... And it's only 20 euros including shipping which is ALOT cheaper than ordering from Australia. The shipping fees are outragious! And yes, I just ordered it. If it's the same as the American version atleast my daughter will be happy, then I will just give her the Dutch version. :D

ETA: I am also hoping the cardstock is of better quality.

Serenia

I'm not picky, I'm simply preferring the better version! ;)

And are you sure that the Dutch version is based on the Australian version? I'm just asking because the German version of the Oracle of Shadows and Light is based on the US version, so I guessed the same would be the case for the Oracle of the Shapeshifters?

I can't find any information right now about the German version (I thought I saw an August release date somewhere, some days ago?). If they based the Dutch version on the Australian version, I might consider waiting... although actually I want it right now. :bugeyed: But then I'd have the same language on both decks so that it wouldn't look so strange to combine them...

Please keep us up-to-date about your Dutch version!

Miss Divine

I'm not picky, I'm simply preferring the better version! ;)

And are you sure that the Dutch version is based on the Australian version? I'm just asking because the German version of the Oracle of Shadows and Light is based on the US version, so I guessed the same would be the case for the Oracle of the Shapeshifters?

I can't find any information right now about the German version (I thought I saw an August release date somewhere, some days ago?). If they based the Dutch version on the Australian version, I might consider waiting... although actually I want it right now. :bugeyed: But then I'd have the same language on both decks so that it wouldn't look so strange to combine them...

Please keep us up-to-date about your Dutch version!

I am not absolutely 100% sure, but I am pretty sure because I saw several scans ad they are the same ones from the Aussie version that are not in gthe American version. Also, the Dutch version of Shadows and Light has the same images (fronts and backs) as the Aussie version. I don't have it, but a friend of mine does and I looked through it so I am 100% sure about that.
I know what you mean about the different languages issues. I thought I was weird, but I guess I'm not alone in that either. :laugh: I don't know why, but I prefer everything in english. That may also be because I grew up in the US and lived there with my ex hubby for a while too.
When I receive it, I will most definitely let ya know!

Serenia

Okay, thanks! :)

If the Dutch version of the Oracle of Shadows and Light was based on the Australian version as well, that kind of reduces my chances for a German version of the Oracle of the Shapeshifters based on the Australian version, since obviously somebody somewhere decided that Germans "need" the US version. I don't understand, though, why this wasn't a consistent decision for the whole of Europe, so that now one country is getting one version and the other country is getting the other.

Usually I prefer the English language versions, too, because they're a lot cheaper and easier to find online. My German Oracle of Shadows and Light was an exception because it jumped at me in our local book store. :)

I still haven't got a reply from magikthread.co.uk yet as to which version they are going to send me. During the last days they have taken the item completely off their website... (I get the feeling they're deliberately ignoring my e-mails! :( )

ETA: Just the very second I hit the "send" button for this post, I received an e-mail! It says that my order was cancelled because the item was delayed coming to the UK. It does not say, however, which version of the oracle they mean! :confused:

Edited again: I'm probably getting on their nerves, but I've sent them another e-mail, asking which version they mean. I mean, if they're getting the Australian version in two or three weeks, it would be a good idea to simply wait for them to re-stock it. If it's the US version anyway, then I should order the Australian version right now...

Miss Divine

Okay, thanks! :)

If the Dutch version of the Oracle of Shadows and Light was based on the Australian version as well, that kind of reduces my chances for a German version of the Oracle of the Shapeshifters based on the Australian version, since obviously somebody somewhere decided that Germans "need" the US version. I don't understand, though, why this wasn't a consistent decision for the whole of Europe, so that now one country is getting one version and the other country is getting the other.

Usually I prefer the English language versions, too, because they're a lot cheaper and easier to find online. My German Oracle of Shadows and Light was an exception because it jumped at me in our local book store. :)

I still haven't got a reply from magikthread.co.uk yet as to which version they are going to send me. During the last days they have taken the item completely off their website... (I get the feeling they're deliberately ignoring my e-mails! :( )

ETA: Just the very second I hit the "send" button for this post, I received an e-mail! It says that my order was cancelled because the item was delayed coming to the UK. It does not say, however, which version of the oracle they mean! :confused:

Edited again: I'm probably getting on their nerves, but I've sent them another e-mail, asking which version they mean. I mean, if they're getting the Australian version in two or three weeks, it would be a good idea to simply wait for them to re-stock it. If it's the US version anyway, then I should order the Australian version right now...

Well, the place I originally ordered from emailed me that they were out of stock. :( So I looked further and found another site that had the Dutch version and I called them. They do have it in stock and I asked the lady what the backs looked like. She said she had an open copy so she looked at it for me. It is the same as the Aussie version!! Yay!! :D These people charge 5 euros more, but I'd rather pay the extra than have to wait for who knows how long.
So Serenia, I really think I am getting a copy with all the Aussie images.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now I'm kinda happy I'm getting a Dutch version along with an English one, atleast it's easier for my daughter to use them also.