American version Oracle of the Shapeshifters

Celtictarot

Yayyyyyyyy I am just waiting for the 1st version of the Dragonfae oracle now!

LOL Better watch the readers, they're a fussy mob! LOL I honestly thought I was cracking up when I am like, "I don't like the energy of that deck, I want the original / aussie version!" I suppose I am lucky but the american version would just grate me no end, would they use US english or the original? LOL It drives me mad with the Virtue decks and the spelling!

OMG I am now slightly OCD LOL sorry everyone!

Celtictarot

Okay, thanks! :)

If the Dutch version of the Oracle of Shadows and Light was based on the Australian version as well, that kind of reduces my chances for a German version of the Oracle of the Shapeshifters based on the Australian version, since obviously somebody somewhere decided that Germans "need" the US version. I don't understand, though, why this wasn't a consistent decision for the whole of Europe, so that now one country is getting one version and the other country is getting the other.

Usually I prefer the English language versions, too, because they're a lot cheaper and easier to find online. My German Oracle of Shadows and Light was an exception because it jumped at me in our local book store. :)

I still haven't got a reply from magikthread.co.uk yet as to which version they are going to send me. During the last days they have taken the item completely off their website... (I get the feeling they're deliberately ignoring my e-mails! :( )

ETA: Just the very second I hit the "send" button for this post, I received an e-mail! It says that my order was cancelled because the item was delayed coming to the UK. It does not say, however, which version of the oracle they mean! :confused:

Edited again: I'm probably getting on their nerves, but I've sent them another e-mail, asking which version they mean. I mean, if they're getting the Australian version in two or three weeks, it would be a good idea to simply wait for them to re-stock it. If it's the US version anyway, then I should order the Australian version right now...

I say we should all get the Australian version in the EU! Then again, here in the UK and I am sure Miss Divine noticed this also, is that is it easier to get the US version of Shadows and Light here in the UK than the Aus version. I am $17 Aus for it to get sent to the UK from Aus!

I just got it timed right when I got my Shapeshifters off Amazon as well! The joys of different versions! *Prays to get the original version of Dragonfae*

Miss Divine

Yes the shipping fees were ridiculous. That is why I'd rather get the Dutch version as long as for the rest it's like the Aussie one.

Serenia

I just got it timed right when I got my Shapeshifters off Amazon as well! The joys of different versions! *Prays to get the original version of Dragonfae*

I obviously missed the right point in time for ordering the Shapeshifters off Amazon. I just got my Shadows and Light about two weeks ago and then it was already too late for the Shapeshifters, sadly.

I'm kind of obsessing over the whole thing right now... *walks around the room tensely*. I am completely aware of the fact that I am not the only person in the world and that the shop owner probably has some more customer e-mails to answer than just mine, but I'd really appreciate if they could just say whether or not they are going to restock the Aussie version...

I checked the prices and delivery times from Australia. At the moment it seems to be evening or night down there so there's no point in ordering right now, but if magikthread doesn't answer my e-mail by tonight, I'm going to order from Australia. Really.

(I guess I'm getting on their nerves... I made an effort to formulate a polite e-mail, but the German language tends to be a bit more direct than the English language, so if you translate stuff word by word it sometimes comes across as impolite even though it's not meant to be so. :neutral: )

Miss Divine

(I guess I'm getting on their nerves... I made an effort to formulate a polite e-mail, but the German language tends to be a bit more direct than the English language, so if you translate stuff word by word it sometimes comes across as impolite even though it's not meant to be so. :neutral: )

LOL! It's true about the German. I lived 5 minutes from the German border and I often went shopping there. My ex hubby (he was American) always said they sounded like they were bitching all the time. :D

Celtictarot

LOL! It's true about the German. I lived 5 minutes from the German border and I often went shopping there. My ex hubby (he was American) always said they sounded like they were bitching all the time. :D

:D LOL LOL can't be worse than aherm Dutch to my ears as I keep thinking they need to clear their throat! LOL I have been called german a few times LOL

Serenia

Ok, I cooled down a bit in the meantime. I thought about the whole thing and whether or not I want to wait for the German version and take the risk that I probably waited for months and then it turns out it is based on the US version. It would be nice to have the cards in the same language, but I really can't imagine how to translate certain card titles. For example, as far as I can see, there is no way to translate "Bats in the Belfry" in a useful way without the bats analogy getting lost. There's lots of ways of saying that in German, but nothing with bats. Plus, I got used to the English cards titles already. (Plus, I want it now! ;) )

Since the shop is obviously not replying to my e-mail *sigh*, I'll go ahead and order the deck from Australia. I'll post in the postman thread when I submit the order.

:D :p

Miss Divine

:D LOL LOL can't be worse than aherm Dutch to my ears as I keep thinking they need to clear their throat! LOL I have been called german a few times LOL

:laugh: Yeah, don't they sound awful? You must be referring to the ones from the North and they roll their R's (ughh) and when they pronounce the G they sound like they're about to gag!
I live in the Southern part, so no I don't roll or gag when I speak. :D ;)

Miss Divine

Serenia, how much is it in euros to order from Australia and having it shipped to Germany?

Serenia

Serenia, how much is it in euros to order from Australia and having it shipped to Germany?

Bad question. I'm trying hard to forget how much I spent! :p

Paypal says I paid 41,20 Euro for the deck and shipping, that corresponds to 49,95 Australian dollars.

I ordered from the Blue Angel Gallery website. Lotusnewagetrading.com.au doesn't have the deck at the moment, Celtictarot said that shipping to the UK from this website was 17 dollars. You can also order the deck from Lucy Cavendish's website, but she wants 52 AUD if you take shipping by airmail. So if you're okay with surface mail, ordering on her website will be cheaper (7 AUD less, as far as I remember). Blue Angel Gallery says they send via airmail, so if you compare the options for airmail, you save two dollars by ordering from Blue Angel Gallery.