Crystals for anxiety?

Sonofpeleus

I haven't experienced the "stimulant" effect with lepidolite. For me, it's deeply relaxing and I use it for when I'm in a crisis mode or having an anxiety attack - it's one of the only things that can bring me to a level place. It is powerful, but that's what I need. I suppose it's different for everyone though.

I find tree agate to be pretty relaxing, in more of an "every day good feeling" sort of way and not in a "relieving bad anxiety attacks" way.

canid

Hmm it doesn't specify. Rhodochrosite can form stalactites though, so it could be.

Yeah, doesn't have to be a visually formed stalactite. I mean, millions of years going on; it could have been tumbled around for a very long time, eroding, for various reasons. End up in a stream somewhere, but still be rhodochrosite. But if you DO find it in stalactite form, looks like a duck, walks like a duck, smells like a duck...

I once found a large blue sapphire at a gem show, where you purchase the stones in a bag & pan for whatever's in there. I just brought the bag home & played while watching TV. It still had its perfect hexagonal crystalline structure! It was approximately 8 raw carats, very clear medium blue so it would have probably faceted up very well, probably from Montana. I LOST IT! I put it in an old black film container that I haven't been able to find for 8 years. Blue sapphire is also great for anxiety.

Richard

.....I once found a large blue sapphire at a gem show, where you purchase the stones in a bag & pan for whatever's in there. I just brought the bag home & played while watching TV. It still had its perfect hexagonal crystalline structure! It was approximately 8 raw carats, very clear medium blue so it would have probably faceted up very well, probably from Montana. I LOST IT! I put it in an old black film container that I haven't been able to find for 8 years. Blue sapphire is also great for anxiety.
I empathize. I lost a small natural hexagonal ruby.

canid

I empathize. I lost a small natural hexagonal ruby.

Ack!! If you're anywhere near where you thought you may have lost it, a small UV blacklight could possibly help. Rubies and sapphires are both corundum, but sapphires don't normally fluoresce. Rubies, however, are stunning, very easy to see in a dark room, stuck in a corner somewhere undetected for years perhaps. They light up a gorgeous hot pink, it's the chromium.

JDMerlin

My vote is for rose quartz. It's calming and it promotes self love. A lot of anxiety can come from a lack of self love.

jolie_amethyst

Labradorite has been a profoundly effective stone for me, especially for calming anxiety and muting stressful situations. I have a palm-sized polished piece that's been my constant companion through way too many hospital visits this year with my husband.

I didn't really realize just how effective it was until I forgot to bring it on one trip. Instead of the calm, composed person the staff was used to dealing with, I was a total wreck, agitated, unnerved, and overwrought. Now it's the last thing I pull from my pocket at night, and the first thing I pick up in the morning, regardless of what's on the agenda that day.

Briar Rose

Just make sure when working with a mulitude of Crystals, that they are in the same family, and that you program them.

Thoughts become things.