TAROT APOKALYPSIS, Eric Dunne

Sigrdrifa

Does anyone have the deck only version? How much information is in the LWB? I'm trying to downsize here but this deck is on my wish list... am I going to really *need* the accompanying book to understand the scenes that are depicted in the cards? Or does the LWB suffice?

rwcarter

For those who wish the book had an index, I include the following. I put the Post-It Notes on the two white pages at the very front of the book.

Rodney

Attachments

• Tarot Apokakypsis Index.jpg
    Tarot Apokakypsis Index.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 141

Le Fanu

Does anyone have the deck only version? How much information is in the LWB? I'm trying to downsize here but this deck is on my wish list... am I going to really *need* the accompanying book to understand the scenes that are depicted in the cards? Or does the LWB suffice?
I'm sure the LWB is minimal compared to the book -I'd need to check - but what I WOULD say is that I bought the deck only and was curiously unmoved by it. Bought the kit and really loved the deck which came with it, which is bigger and with more details. You can take a decision based on the LWB if you want but if it were me, knowing what I know now, I'd go for the one with the better deck!

UniversesCollide

For those who wish the book had an index, I include the following. I put the Post-It Notes on the two white pages at the very front of the book.

Rodney

Thank you! You just saved me a nice chunk of time.

Sigrdrifa

I'm sure the LWB is minimal compared to the book -I'd need to check - but what I WOULD say is that I bought the deck only and was curiously unmoved by it. Bought the kit and really loved the deck which came with it, which is bigger and with more details. You can take a decision based on the LWB if you want but if it were me, knowing what I know now, I'd go for the one with the better deck!

Thanks! That settles it for me then :)

Linfang

Got my deck yesterday, but just now had my first thorough look at it.

On the first glance, it's really beautiful. I like the card stock much better than the Tarot Illuminati's. It is glossier (like the Thelema or the Mucha) and gives the colours more depth. I do not miss the gilded edges, the bling factor is big enough.

The whole composition of the images seems to be more carefully arranged than in the Tarot Illuminati. This makes it loosing a bit of the bold, unkempt charm, but all in all, I would slightly prefer it to it's predecessor.

The book seems great. I really like the format, sturdy but handy. Looking forward to starting reading.