TAROT APOKALYPSIS, Eric Dunne

gregory

Eric - how great to see you back. The suspense of waiting for your new deck is really paining me. :D

FLizarraga

Well, well, well! Wellcome, Mr. Dunne!

I must say, the Illuminati has given me many moments of Tarot bliss. I own both editions, the set with the big, borderless cards and the tuckbox smaller edition (also borderless now after trimming).

And I do agree, it your decks are not for the "less is more" reader. I'm firmly in the "more is more, and even more is ever more better" category, though, so decks like the Illuminati that give me layer upon layer of beauty and meaning are extra icing on the proverbial cake. I also love the multiethnic approach.

A question, if I may; what's the main difference between the Apokalypsis and the Illuminati?

Le Fanu

For the “Less is More” type of reader, I can see why my work is not a good match….but when I create I am creating for myself, what I Love, what speaks to me…..I don’t think about mass appeal nor do I care…that’s for my publisher to worry about. If it works for you…FABULOUS…..if not, there is a Sea of other decks to choose from!
Yes. And yes. So many wonderful decks out there. And nothing quite like yours. If it chimes, great. If not, there are so many more, each with their own kind of beauty for each different kind of reader. I think we all know that the aesthetic is quite crowded and no longer need to have it pointed out to us.

But nobody does kaleidoscopic opulence (my prefered way of refering to it) quite like you. I confess I haven't been following closely the Apokolypsis - but am happy to let it work its magic once it is released. Is it Thothy in structure (but in aesthetic, completely you)? I seem to recall that was the idea. Either way, I'm curious to see the whole once it is out.

FLizarraga

I'll just keep Dunne's deck as engaging art and go back to my Thoth and its complex correspondences. Food for the mind more than the eye.

It just occurred to me that this is a distinction I cannot make. For me, when reading Tarot, the mind is the eye, the eye is the mind. But of course I get elected Miss Right-Brained every year*. I never know what I'm doing wrong --or right-- until after I do it; sometimes not ever.

But, as for the Illuminati (and probably the Apokalypsis), "as I always say: if it's not Baroque, don't fix it."

*Also first runner-up for Miss Scatter-Brained. A friend of mine always beats me, though.

EDunne

Thank You

WOW GUYS.....Thank You all for the very Warm Welcome BACK!

EDunne

Well, well, well! Wellcome, Mr. Dunne!

I must say, the Illuminati has given me many moments of Tarot bliss. I own both editions, the set with the big, borderless cards and the tuckbox smaller edition (also borderless now after trimming).

And I do agree, it your decks are not for the "less is more" reader. I'm firmly in the "more is more, and even more is ever more better" category, though, so decks like the Illuminati that give me layer upon layer of beauty and meaning are extra icing on the proverbial cake. I also love the multiethnic approach.

A question, if I may; what's the main difference between the Apokalypsis and the Illuminati?

Where the Tarot Illuminati is very "traditional" in its RWS approach ( although all dressed up and going to the party ), Tarot Apokalypsis is a study in finding "New" and "Fresh" ways of presenting the card themes and concepts.....it is also a deep examination into mystery cults and practices...so a bit of a history lesson as well as a wonderfully fully functioning tool of divination.

Barleywine

It just occurred to me that this is a distinction I cannot make. For me, when reading Tarot, the mind is the eye, the eye is the mind. But of course I get elected Miss Right-Brained every year*. I never know what I'm doing wrong --or right-- until after I do it; sometimes not ever.

Somewhere along the line the two got "sorted out" in my own case. The image triggers an association or two, which in turn sparks a more complex range of impressions that finally coalesce into a concrete interpretation. As such, one deck should serve as well as any other, but overloading the optic lens is a distraction that doesn't deliver the card's keynote meaning as readily to my mind's eye; thus, I wind up using the title as a crutch. I spend too much time and mental energy trying to figure out which part of the image is symbolism and which is decoration. I like decoration, but I like clear symbolism better.

gregory

WOW GUYS.....Thank You all for the very Warm Welcome BACK!
Well, you WERE here during the creation of the Illuminati and you had a pretty rough ride then. :D It's good to see you again.

Electric Maenad

Waiting to see the Queen of Swords, but I gotta say this looks like more my thing from a strictly mythological perspective than the Tarot Illuminati.

EDunne

Well, you WERE here during the creation of the Illuminati and you had a pretty rough ride then. :D It's good to see you again.

Gregory....you are right about that, decided to give it a go again, hoping to find a kinder more positive environment this time around. So far so good....but early days my friend!