Paris Debono Lenormand Decks?

G6

Hi ATers!

Wondering if anyone has experience with Paris Debono Lenormand decks? Looks like you have to message through Facebook to order them. Just wondering about quality of deck/customer experience, etc.

Thanks!

http://www.thefortuneteller.com.au/products.html

MoonGypsy

There are some very cool interesting ones and some that are "Meh"..cardstock is generally good.
There are a Zillion and one available.:p He is quite a self promoter and very prolific. :D

Just know that all of the backs i have ever seen are exactly the same and have his
name worked into them. i have had a few...i no longer have any.

gregory

And you cannot message him on FB if you haven't an account, can you ? Bit of a killer, there. (Luckily I don't want any, but still...)

G6

And you cannot message him on FB if you haven't an account, can you ? Bit of a killer, there. (Luckily I don't want any, but still...)

Yeah, I didn't get that either since he has a website? I guess it must be for Facebook hits whatever those are worth, lol! ;-)

MoonGypsy

Yeah, I didn't get that either since he has a website? I guess it must be for Facebook hits whatever those are worth, lol! ;-)

They usually carry some of his decks on both eBay's Divination Station--all though she seems
to only have one at the present.

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Divination-Station

and the online wonderful store Ohm Sweet Ohm:

http://www.shopohm.com/searchquick-submit.sc?keywords=debono

i don't do Facebook either, and in the past i have purchased some of his
decks both of these 2 places...

Ohm Sweet Ohm has the best selection at the moment, and she is always
getting in new Lenormand decks. Bev is wonderful to deal with.

MaryHeather

I just received the Japanese and Pop Art Lenormands not too long ago... I ordered from him directly. He was very nice and responded quickly, and the package was securely wrapped and in a waterproof bag.

I love the cardstock on both of them. They have the same design on the backs of both- I believe it's the logo of his shop in Sydney. They shuffle well, and the lamination feels sturdy. The colors on both decks are excellent.

G6

I just received the Japanese and Pop Art Lenormands not too long ago... I ordered from him directly. He was very nice and responded quickly, and the package was securely wrapped and in a waterproof bag.

I love the cardstock on both of them. They have the same design on the backs of both- I believe it's the logo of his shop in Sydney. They shuffle well, and the lamination feels sturdy. The colors on both decks are excellent.

How much were they each? Did you order two because it was more economical?

The Japanese one seems cool. Do you like it now that you've had it awhile?

Thanks!

MaryHeather

I bought 3 decks actually, 2 lennies and a geomancy deck.

I think they ended up being $30ish US dollars each for the lennies, and a bit less for the geomancy deck. He includes shipping in the price of the deck. I ordered 3 because, well, those were the three I couldn't live without ;)

The Japanese deck images are straightforward and traditional, with the exception of the Cavalier (a woman on a bicycle), and the Crossroads (shows a single path, not a crossroads). It also has a keyword under each of the insets to use as a gypsy deck. I don't use them, and they don't seem to detract from from my readings.

The Pop Art deck is all about Andy Warhol- the court card insets are taken from his celebrity portraits. Again, the images follow the traditional Lenormand symbols, with the exception of Stars (Marilyn Monroe's star on the Walk of Fame), and the Child (Warhol's 1985 portrait of Barbie).

I think the lamination might be a tad better on the Japanese deck than the Pop Art deck, but both are more than acceptable. The more I use these two decks, the more I love them. I realized that some of what was holding me back in exploring Lenormand was my dislike of traditional Victorian art. I love bright, saturated colors, and both of these decks scratch that itch, and make studying, drills, and readings themselves more fun.

Paris did a good job on both of these decks, and you can tell that he actually thought about the images, and didn't just slap something together in Photoshop.

G6

I bought 3 decks actually, 2 lennies and a geomancy deck.

I think they ended up being $30ish US dollars each for the lennies, and a bit less for the geomancy deck. He includes shipping in the price of the deck. I ordered 3 because, well, those were the three I couldn't live without ;)

The Japanese deck images are straightforward and traditional, with the exception of the Cavalier (a woman on a bicycle), and the Crossroads (shows a single path, not a crossroads). It also has a keyword under each of the insets to use as a gypsy deck. I don't use them, and they don't seem to detract from from my readings.

The Pop Art deck is all about Andy Warhol- the court card insets are taken from his celebrity portraits. Again, the images follow the traditional Lenormand symbols, with the exception of Stars (Marilyn Monroe's star on the Walk of Fame), and the Child (Warhol's 1985 portrait of Barbie).

I think the lamination might be a tad better on the Japanese deck than the Pop Art deck, but both are more than acceptable. The more I use these two decks, the more I love them. I realized that some of what was holding me back in exploring Lenormand was my dislike of traditional Victorian art. I love bright, saturated colors, and both of these decks scratch that itch, and make studying, drills, and readings themselves more fun.

Paris did a good job on both of these decks, and you can tell that he actually thought about the images, and didn't just slap something together in Photoshop.

Thank you for all this detailed info! :)

Funny enough those were the two I was looking at as well, so thanks!

Indigosoul

I personally am not impressed at all. I think his decks are over priced, and horrible looking. There are many other very talented deck designers, and he is not one.