How many decks?

How many decks are there in your collection?

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • 2 to 6

Votes: 43 13.8%
  • 7 to 20

Votes: 75 24.1%
  • 21 to 50

Votes: 78 25.1%
  • 51 to 80

Votes: 28 9.0%
  • 81 to 125

Votes: 23 7.4%
  • 126 to 200

Votes: 27 8.7%
  • 201 to 400

Votes: 13 4.2%
  • 401 to 500

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • 501 to 650

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • 651 to 800

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • 801 to 1000

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • 1001 to 1200

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • over 1200

Votes: 5 1.6%

• Total voters

Eco74

Got a couple of little packages in the mail today.

When I met my SO as I was heading back to work after my lunchhour he asked if he had gotten any mail, and I said "no, but I did".
At that he smiled and said "another tarotdeck?".
Alas, it was not, but I do have a few that will be arriving soon-ish, and a couple of potentials that I haven't gotten any confirmations on yet.

A day in the life of a tarotlover... :laugh:

weaver

gregory said:
I admit it - I have a BIG addiction problem and I don't care ! :cool4:
OK, admittedly I am a small fry in this group in terms of how many decks I own. Having said that, and all joking aside, I think an addiction is only an addiction when and if the the said addiction begins to adversely affects other aspects of our life such as our relationships with others, our manner of living, and ultimately our relationship with ourself.

My husband is a wonderful guy. He is decidedly not a museum/gallery going type, though. Sure, he'll accompany me when I want a partner to go with me to Boston on an art outing, but really, it is just not his thing. The way I see it, every Tarot deck in my collection is, among other things, like a trip to a museum or art gallery which contains wonderful miniature art capable of feeding my soul. Given the cost of museums (which ought to be FREE to the public, but that's another story altogether :mad:) and all of the other associated cost with visiting one, I think Tarot decks represent quite the deal!

I guess the bottom line is that my collection is, um, shall we say growing(?) and I am a happy camper! :cool:
weaver

bleuivy

Well, I put myself in the 21 - 50 category, which is pretty amazing considering that a year ago I only owned two decks and had no intention of getting any more. I think the official count is 22 (I have many decks not in my profile because they're in storage), so I'm at the low end of the 21-50 spectrum.

I'll be adding to that number fairly quickly, but I doubt I'll go over 50 decks. Yeah right... :laugh:

gregory

2 of the three arrived today - that's 980. Then there's 11 coming from truelighth, 4 (and a duplicate) on their way from e-bay as well as the possibly missing one, 3 more on pre-order and a bundle from Alida.... Oops.... - oh and Full Moon Dreams which seems to be taking its time - almost forgot about that one....

I think I should have waited to post....!! })

Whitestar

small but growing quickly

I currently only have 3, but soon there will be 2 more on the way, and I think it could snowball. When someone here mentions how much they love such-and-such deck, I'm almost afraid to go take a look at the deck because I'm discovering more and more amazing decks that I don't want to live without!!

gregory

Whitestar said:
I currently only have 3, but soon there will be 2 more on the way, and I think it could snowball. When someone here mentions how much they love such-and-such deck, I'm almost afraid to go take a look at the deck because I'm discovering more and more amazing decks that I don't want to live without!!
(cue music from Tales of the Unexpected) That's how it starts. Then you will find yourself haunting places like Mysteries; then you will set up a search on e-bay that turns up areas previously unknown to you.... That's even without the trading threads.... And THEN someone will kindly (?) give you a list of on-line stores like alida, boutique de Chris, tarotgarden, variantes - I have more, but will let you slip into disaster slowly. For now }) And THEN the trouble really starts. You will get e-buddies who make you offers you can't refuse....

Mwahahahahahaha...............

Khepri

I feel inadequate - I have two decks, plus the one I'm designing. But to be honest, I don't think I'll ever be approaching the levels exhibited on here, since most of my money (aside from bills, natch) is spent on Transformers...

HearthCricket

I have about 12 decks, presently, all which I use regularly. I had about 50 decks, but sold them recently, and I am glad, for now I really click with each deck and am not collecting just for the artwork. It is more of a "working" collection now. Still, I am sure I will add to it, somehow, and I enjoy reading what others expect in the mail and how excited they all become!

gregory

Khepri said:
I feel inadequate - I have two decks, plus the one I'm designing. But to be honest, I don't think I'll ever be approaching the levels exhibited on here, since most of my money (aside from bills, natch) is spent on Transformers...
To each his own. If transformers do it for you. I believe there is a Transformer Tarot though... Someone tolds me that, honest !

But I'm sorry to hear you use perfectly good money on bills. There are those among us on noodles and clear soup for our art (ART ? addiction, sorry !) })

Sulis

I have around 30 decks.

Out of those, I have 5 that I use regularly.

Love

Sulis xx