Doré Bible Tarot

delizt

Moonchild....I really love your deck, but strongly feel that it should be black & white only...it's strikingly beautiful and I think color even in a small amount just detracts from the beauty...just my opinion:)) I'm a lover of black and white decks and wince at the thought!!!

HearthCricket

Just beautiful! I can't wait to see pentacles and cups! I agree...now that I put the ornate borders with Dore's pictures, I realize it is far too busy looking and would make one faint with dizziness!

jackdaw*

Stunning! Just stunning. The images are stark and powerful. I agree, the font is a bit of a quandary to find the right fit ...

Please keep us posted, and add me to your preorder list!

Moonchild

Cups . . .

are done. Moving right along . . .

fall_guy

I’ve never come across an overtly religious deck before, and although I’m not from a Christian background (and not very familiar with the Bible), I think your deck has great universal appeal.

I’m curious though if such a deck (or any other ‘religious’ deck) might be a bit controversial?
From what I’ve read on other threads, I believe tarot (‘the Devil’s picturebook’ ;)) is not regarded very favourably amongst certain Christians, and the appearance of a deck explicitly using Bible imagery might cause a bit of a stir!

Moonchild - I’d be curious to hear your thoughts on making a deck like this.

Sophie

I love Doré, moonchild - I congratulate you on your deck. You've chosen some very powerful imagery.

As for the controversial element - I'd expect the same kind of people who complained about Doré's Bible imagery to castigate the Doré Bible Tarot. For Protestant fundies, any imagery is idolatrous - and religious imagery more than the rest.

We needn't bother about them. They aren't likely to buy a Tarot deck :D

Moonchild

Controversial? Who me??? = P

I hope so! I've already heard how much my mom hates the idea.

Even before I had the idea for a Bible Tarot, I had planned on writing two articles. Now I have to finish them, and include them in the LWB, or in the companion book that will follow. The articles are:
Why Tarot is a Tool of Satan
Why Tarot is not a Tool of Satan

Mainly, it's all about Love and Will. Does the use of Tarot, and the creation of this deck, draw me and others toward Love, or toward selfishness, rebelliousness, etc? Do I show respect or abuse toward God and His Word? Do I put my will over His? Do I use the Tarot to reinforce or avoid my relationship with Him? Etc. Etc. Etc.

My own conscience is clear. Everyone else can vote with their dollars, as they say. Controversy is just free advertising. (Just ask Dan Brown.)

Helvetica says fundies aren't likely to buy a deck. Hey, you never know. Maybe I'll tap a new market. LOL!

One Love All Love,
Moonchild

Indigo Rose

fall_guy said:
...I’m curious though if such a deck (or any other ‘religious’ deck) might be a bit controversial?
From what I’ve read on other threads, I believe tarot (‘the Devil’s picturebook’ ;)) is not regarded very favourably amongst certain Christians, and the appearance of a deck explicitly using Bible imagery might cause a bit of a stir!

I'm a Christian and I think the deck is BEAUTIFUL!!! What a glorius tribute to the richness of spiritual heritage found in the Bible and Judeo-Christian beliefs. Those who choose to be offended would probably be so no matter what you did.:(

I look forward to seeing more.

Thank you for sharing!
Peace,
Indigo Rose :love:

cynthia padley

Dore Bible Tarot

The cards are so beautiful !! Can't wait till you publish these!