Mystic Faerie Tarot

FaerieStorm

Hi all,

I was browsing Amazon.com when I came across a new Llewellyn publication--which is set for a July release--entitled "Mystic Faerie Tarot." The artist is Linda Ravenscroft, and the book was written by Barbara Moore.

The image on the cover looks beautiful--and I have no doubt the cards will be as lovely as Ravenscroft's other artwork.

here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0738709212/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

-FS-

6 Haunted Days

Let's pray they get their cardstock problem fixed before they release this deck. If it's the same cardstock, there is no way I am getting this one, even though I want it.

celticnoodle

thanks FaerieStorm for the link, and also Alan for your link. I accessed both, and yes, the book has a beautiful cover, and I can only imagine the deck will be as stunning. the 2nd link has so many gorgeous pictures, i wish they all made tarot cards with these pictures on them! as you said Alan- the art is stunning!

RubyV

The artwork is really beautiful, but i'm not sure that I would want to buy it. It feels like alot of Amy Brown's work, and if they use the same cardstock as the llewellyn, then there is no way I'll drop money for it.

WaterSong

RubyV said:
The artwork is really beautiful, but i'm not sure that I would want to buy it. It feels like alot of Amy Brown's work, and if they use the same cardstock as the llewellyn, then there is no way I'll drop money for it.

...and I have to disagree with this statement...Linda's artwork is 90% superior to Amy Brown's one....her faeris are softer, more natural, her watercolor technique is impecable...if you look at her artwork carefully you will realize how her faeries look fluid, natural ...Amy's faeries are rigid and always a bit too "gothic"...Amy's success is due mainly to good marketing, very aggressive marketing, but Linda's artwork is technically and esthetically superior in all fronts.
Only the work and detail she puts in her backgrounds shows hard work and great technique....if you notice Amy's faeries only have a colored background....in Linda's paintings there is great range of tones and volume, the way she handles light and is able to represent nature is truly stunning.

I hope you give it a chance, her artwork is unique.

xoxoxoxox
magenta

Lady LuLuB

images

Hi all,

Solandia graciously granted me permission to post images from the forthcoming Mystic Faerie Tarot. Unfortunately, I was having issues and she kindly helped. But I still had issues and did not want to bother her again. So, I thought it'd be just as easy to set up a blog to post images.

I put up of few Majors today. Each day, I'll post a few.

Here 'tis: http://mysticfaerietarot.blogspot.com/

the actual kit website is still under construction, but will be: www.mysticfaerietarot.com

Thanks!
Barbara Moore
author of A Guide to The Mystic Faerie Tarot

Alta

Thanks great Barbara! The cards are well displayed there. Lovely work, very appealing.

HearthCricket

Oh, I can't wait for this deck! I've been ordering magnets, the DVD, tons of cards from her site. This deck looks so lovely and detailed. Interesting Death card...those horns coming out of her shoulders! There is some sort of transformation going on! I look forward to knowing more about that card-love it-and seeing some of the minors!

BTW-I loved your book with the Gilded Tarot. I only wish it had come out in the late 70's when I first discovered tarot at age 12. I would have loved it as my first learning deck. It is my number 1 reading deck. Looks like this will be among my favourites, too!